Job Description Summary
As Medical Director Clinical Development, you will drive the clinical development of molecular imaging products mainly in the oncology and immune-oncology domains, and be responsible for the design and execution of clinical development plans for the assigned products. As such, you will have extensive cross-functional interaction within the company, ranging from pre-clinical through to clinical, regulatory and commercial functions worldwide.Job Description
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our Pharmaceutical Diagnostics (PDx) business is the number one global supplier of contrast media and molecular imaging agents used to enhance medical imaging exams. Used throughout all major disease area diagnostic and treatment pathways, PDx products support three patients every second around the world.Essential Responsibilities
- Provide clinical leadership in cross-functional projects and product/project teams when working with internal teams (e.g. Product Management, Radiochemistry, Nonclinical, RA, QA) and external partners (leading academic institutions, contract research organisations) to design appropriate study plans for tracer development
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the overall medical strategy of the assigned product(s)
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of project documentation such as protocol synopses, protocols, protocol amendments, case report forms and study reports
- Collaborate with multiple functions to ensure patient safety, minimize risk, and select proper products for development
- Work with GEHC teams and outside experts to design clinical development plans and to support clinical research strategies for regulatory approval, reimbursement and adoption
- Provide medical insights to the assessment of new imaging opportunities in immuno-oncology and oncology for tentative collaboration and in licensing
- Continually develop an external network of key people in the therapeutic domain
- Co-author scientific papers for publication in refereed journals where appropriate
- Comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this role.
Qualifications and experience
- Medical Degree, with Radiology or Nuclear Medicine expertise and experience in Oncology
- Substantial experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in GCP Clinical trials with track records of Phase1-4 studies management.
- Experience in translational and clinical study concepts
- Demonstrable development of strategy at program level
- Keen awareness of drug development pathways
- Experience in scientific publications/communications
- Good team player with global mindset
- Experience in molecular imaging or similar will be appreciated
- Ability to work on multiple projects across different scientific areas
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to work across functions, within teams and with external key opinion leaders
- Logical, thorough and resourceful way of problem solving to generate solutions
- Flexibility, a willingness to test assumptions and bravery to try novel approaches effectively
- Familiarity with industry standard computerised system applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Customer focused with business acumen
- Must be willing to travel as required
• A good level of English and an EU Work Permit
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you'd expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you'll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
#LI-WROS PDxAdditional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: