Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
Reporting to the Mechanical Design Group Team Leader, the successful candidate will have an engineering background in the aerospace or automotive industry and would have been involved in the design of composite components from concept to certification.
- Design Aerospace composite and hybrid structures
- Produce technical drawings to ensure designs can be manufactured and assembled
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure projects are on target
- Follow strict requirements adhering to Customer's specific programme and budget
- Create qualification plans, QTPs and QTRs
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- An education to degree / HND level in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Demonstration of competence in the design of fibre reinforced composite materials
- Familiar with aerospace composite design methodologies and best practice
- Proficient in the use of CAD systems, preferably CATIA V5
- Good communication and presentation skills and able to work within a small team with a willingness to learn
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. Meggitt