We have a great opportunity for a Project Accountant to join Leonardo in Edinburgh. The role will work with the Finance Manager to offer top class support into the Typhoon Support sector through providing accurate, timely and relevant management information as well as providing advice and guidance to the project teams. The role is part of a dynamic business sector that looks to deliver solutions to a truly global marketplace. Finance play a key role in the service offering and this is a chance to make a difference as well as satisfy the statutory requirements.
What can we offer:
* Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Award-winning pension scheme, including an attractive employer contribution
* Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes to give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy a balanced life
* Access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
* Learning & Development - we will assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, to allow you to further develop your knowledge
* Salary sacrifice schemes
* Onsite Occupational Health Service to look after your physical and mental wellbeing, and keep you safe at work
* Restaurant facilities, including a coffee shop and restaurant
* Employee discount schemes for you and your family, including retail, cinema, hotel bookings and vehicle benefits
* Family friendly policies
* Career breaks - where appropriate, we support you to pursue other interests outside the workplace
* Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
* Free parking
Key Responsibility Areas
* Supporting Finance Manager with preparation of sector monthly forecasts including assumptions, risks and opportunities and explanation of forecast movements.
* Supporting the business in producing robust monthly Contract Status Reports (CSRs) and quarterly Sales and Margin Trading Plans.
* Monitoring financial performance through the Monthly Forecast and Business Planning processes.
* Working with the Project Team / budget holders to understand forecast, Business Plans and CSR movements.
* Support business winning team in delivering optimal customer solutions.
* Reconciling financial data and resolving problems/issues where appropriate to ensure integrity of information provided.
* Liaising with Commercial Officer(s) by providing up to date debtor information to facilitate chasing of overdue balances and highlighting of problem areas
* Familiarisation of Typhoon document flow process to provide support to Finance Manager and ensure Workshare Partner Cashbook (WSP) is kept up to date and WSP vendor invoices are cleared for payment at the appropriate time
* Provide support to IPT / Finance Manager in closing down completed Projects. Typically this will include attendance at Project Closure Meetings and completing the Finance Section of the Process Document.
* SAP Administration - Provide support to Finance Manager by inputting amendments into system, in particular the tidy-up of trading against completed projects
* Ensuring all financial procedures and controls are applied as required; and supporting non-finance functions on their application.
* Proactively seeking to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business to help drive the Finance function forward
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Finance knowledge would be advantageous but on the job support will be provided.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills with a challenging mind-set
* Proactive in approach
* Ability to re-prioritise to meet key deadlines
* Focus on high quality output and support
* Advanced Excel and proficient in MS Office
* SAP experience advantageous
* You will be an enthusiastic individual, eager to do the job and excited about the projects/contracts you will be working with.