Our Principal Engineers are the domain experts leading the technical rigor and technical compliance throughout the business cycles. Together with the Consulting Engineers, they play instrumental roles in nurturing an innovative culture and developing future technical talents.
Demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization. Involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.
- Identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet near term and long range engineering needs.
- Provide technical consultation on product problems throughout the business including supplier and field support.
- Lead and provide the key technical direction to large projects with critical business impact.
- Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
- Support other GE businesses, internal & external customers, and suppliers as required.
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product center, supplier, or field issues
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters.
- Use knowledge and expertise to market winning proposals in anticipation of business product needs.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the company.
- Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced materials engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Strong levels of experience in an engineering capacity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in at least one technical specialty, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices within this field
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes