External Communication Specialist
External Communication Specialist
DEADLINE: Fri 22nd Jan 2021
Equivalent NATO Grade: A2
Work Location: Brussels, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
Required Start Date: 22-MAR-2021
Total Scope of the request (hours): 836
Specific Working Conditions: Normal office environment
Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
Requirement Title: Communications – External Communication Specialist
Under guidance of Communication Manager, but largely on own initiative, incumbent will:
- Contributes to development of Agency's external communication strategy and coordinates its implementation using right and appropriate mix of communication channels and tools.
- Manages portfolio of communication activities and events.
- Develops and implements Agency's social media communication plan, defining critical KPIs and delivering against them by writing and coordinating development of social media content. Drafts and supervises development social media content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Coordinates press and media relations, responding to their inquiries under direction of Communications Manager.
- Contributes to producing effective media campaigns, organizing media events, providing expert advice to Agency's staff members on best practices for communications, preparing regular media coverage reports.
- Manages processes required to produce content for recurring external NCI Agency communication channels, such as public website www.ncia.nato.int, social media and external newsletter.
- Prepares executive speaking notes (General Manager and Chief of Staff) for external events.
- Drafts external articles for the Agency's public website, to include press releases and feature articles, for approval.
- Draft campaign and events material as needed for Agency's flagship events.
- When required, liaises externally and internally on issues relating to communications on behalf of Communications Manager.
- Assists Communications Manager in coordinating, maintaining and supervising Agency staff assigned with PAO and communication functions and duties.
- Serves as first point of contact for Communications Office; acting with tact, diplomacy and experience on a wide variety of issues.
- Supports Communications Manager in advising and contributing to management of Agency's Brand Guidelines and ensure its proper use in all external communications.
- Identifies, assesses, and implements appropriate new technology and organisational techniques to better enable delivery of effective communication.
- Regularly checks Agency's public website (www.ncia.nato.int) to ensure it is up-to-date. If not, suggests text for updates.
- Leverages communications experience in internal communications to support internal communications specialist as required.
- Identifies better ways of working within communications office and recommends structural and procedural changes to support better use of Agency resources.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years' of experience in progressively responsible relevant jobs in journalism, or corporate or marketing communications.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of software, including SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience in writing press releases and social media content.
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram), analytics on those platforms and understanding of digital landscape.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to handle large volume and variety of work in efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to take initiative and evidence of flexible approach showing how incumbent has responded reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment.
- Highly developed sense of responsibility, initiative and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consistent responsiveness and sensitivity to stakeholders.
- Broad understanding on processes and workflows, including development and production processes.
- Demonstrates confidence in advising senior leaders and stakeholders.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial NATO Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Belgium
- Consultancy NATO Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Belgium
- Defence NATO Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Belgium
- Human Resources NATO Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Belgium
- Management / Executive NATO Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Belgium