BMC Discovery (Subject Matter Expert)
• Extensive experience installing BMC Discovery (version 11.x and higher) in both single and multi-tenancy, and in highly available and resilient designs
• Extensive experience configuring BMC Discovery to integrate with Remedy ITSM CMDB (version 9.1 and higher);
• Strong experience gathering, preparing, and configuring target networks and specialist segments for discovery;
• Knowledge and experience troubleshooting the integration with Remedy Atrium CMDB;
• Extensive knowledge and experience configuring BMC Discovery to perform deep discovery on a variety of different network node types, and computing end-points with, and especially without, the use of SNMP;
• Experience integrating BMC Discovery with TrueSight Orchestration (TSO) and configuring automated and targeted discovery executions triggered by TSO;
• Experience integrating BMC Discovery with external vendor infrastructure systems for the purpose of detecting changes and triggering discovery executions to keep CMDB data fresh;
• Experience working with Linux and Windows servers;
• Understanding of infrastructure solutions hosting Service Management tools and technology, including networking solutions, hypervisor solutions, storage solutions and load balancing solutions.
• Education and Experience A university degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline;
• alternatively, 5 years of equivalent industry experience;
• A minimum of 3 years recent experience in large scale BMC Discovery (version 11.x and higher) deployments.
• BMC Certified Professional
• Recent experience in BMC Remedy ITSM (version 9.1 and higher) CMDB configuration. BMC Certified Professional qualification is beneficial;
• ITIL 2011 (or later) Foundation certificate beneficial;Experience in BMC TrueSight Operations Management (version 10.x and higher) beneficial.
In coordination with the Project Manager(s) and the Technical Lead, the BMC Discovery SME will perform duties such as the following:
• Implement a Discovery system(s) based on agreed technical requirements, and in coherence with the system design and architecture
• Work with the relevant parties to facilitate the Discovery application(s) and system(s) security accreditation
• Provide support to the Technical Lead in ensuring technical coherence across multiple project streams
• Develop Build and Configuration documentation of the Discovery system(s) and provide support in the development of Testing and Training documentation
• Provide support in the testing phases of the Discovery system(s), including but not limited to Factory Acceptance and User Acceptance Testing events
• Provide support in both the preparation and during the Transition to Operations of Discovery system(s) post Go-Live, including handover activities to the Operations Team.
More searches like this
- Aerospace NATO Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in Belgium
- Banking NATO Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in Belgium
- Biotechnology NATO Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in Belgium
- Central Government NATO Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in Belgium
- Construction NATO Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in Belgium