Geospatial Map Production Support
(1) University degree in Geospatial or Computer Sciences (MSC) complemented with a solid career on the Geographic Information Systems field.
(2) Minimum 10 years of proved experience in project coordination and resources management of GIS production teams.
(3) Minimum 5 year experience in hands-on configuration and customisation experience of ESRI product suite through relevant projects.
(4) Minimum 1-year experience in the usage of the following ESRI extensions in the context of MTM production:
- Data Reviewer
- Defense Mapping
- Production Mapping
- Spatial Analyst
- Task Assistant Manager
(5) Minimum 5 years' experience in the development and implementation of Quality Assurance (QA) as well as Quality Control (QC) procedures applied to the area of GIS map production projects.
(6) Minimum 5 years professional experience of real world mapping production according to NATO standard series including Joint Operations Ground (JOG) maps, Topographic Line Maps (TLM) and MGCP Topographic Maps (MTMs).
(7) Proved experience on the development/implementation of "rapid mapping production methodologies" for the update of NATO mapping standard series.
(8) Formal training on MTM production by a recognized geographic mapping agency.
(9) Minimum of 1-year professional experience in the full implementation of MTM production:
- The candidate must proof that he/she was responsible for the hands-on implementation/maintenance/troubleshooting of the MTM production workflow and final QC for the produced maps.
- Data Products Specifications (DPS) implemented for the MTM workflow must abide to:
* DPS, 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 Scale, MTM, 2017-04-14, Version1.1
* DPS, 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 Scale, MTM -Portrayal Catalogue (PC), , 2017-04-14, Version 1.1
* DPS 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 Scale MTM - Annotation Catalogue (MTM AC), 2017-04-14, Version 1.1
- MGCP TRD used in the production workflow must be 4.3 version or higher.
(10) Proof that the candidate is qualified to perform the MTM final Quality Control according to the DPS stated in criteria number (9)
(11) We require proof by a recognized geographic mapping agency that MTMs produced by the candidate were 100% compliant with DPS stated in criteria number (9).
(12) Proven experience in development of python tools using ArcPy.
(13) Minimum 3 years' experience in the C++ programming language in the development of GIS customized production tools.
(14) Minimum 3 years' experience in manipulation and edition of vectorial data using Arc GIS 10 (x) Tools.
(15) Minimum 1 years' experience on GIS projects performing photointerpretation and feature classification upon aerial/satellite imagery and ancillary mapping.
(16) Solid GIS Background
(17) Ability to travel within NATO countries and to NATO theatres
(1) The Geospatial Support Branch (GSB) team requires the support of one off-site contractor for the execution of geospatial production related tasks performed in support of NATO operations. The support covers but not limited to the following activities:
(2) Project coordination and resource management of GIS/cartographic production teams;
(3) Technical leadership for the production of Multinational Geospatial Co-Production Program Topographic Maps (MTMs)
(4) Development and implementation of rapid mapping techniques for the update of NATO Standard mapping series
(5) Development of Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) procedures for GIS and mapping projects;
(6) Configuration and customisation of ESRI SW product suite;
(7) Development of GIS customized production tools based on C++ programming language
(8) Development of add-ins for ArcGIS desktop and geoprocessing tools
(9) Quality control of photointerpretation and feature classification upon aerial imagery and ancillary military mapping
(10) Quality control of GIS products to agreed standards.
(11) Ad-hoc geospatial production support tasks;
(12) The list of activities may expand as urgent operational requests emerge and qualification of the candidate allows.
More searches like this
- Aerospace NATO Contract £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Biotechnology NATO Contract £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Central Government NATO Contract £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Consultancy NATO Contract £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Cyber Security NATO Contract £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Homeworking