Senior Network Engineer
The purpose of this role is to act as the subject matter expert on all network related projects and tasks. The incumbent will lead on the management, design, configuration, installation and support of network hardware and configuration and the production of any necessary supporting documentation. The applicant must also be prepared to take on management, planning and team leading responsibilities.
- The provision of IT and Network technical solutions and support to project requirements.
- Continuous improvement of network engineering capabilities, maintaining a leading edge capability.
- Leading the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages.
- Management, oversight, direction and guidance to allocated project team members, through the planning and delivery of projects.
- The production of all essential project documents and internal work instructions.
- The production of network engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts.
- The development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for network engineering activities.
- Customer liaison on all network engineering risks and issues.
- The exploitation of opportunities for further business development.
- Remaining available, on occasion, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements.
- Provide in-house training to engineering staff.
- Support the company in other projects where necessary.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or CompTIA level certification or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years network engineering experience, preferably in the government/defence sector.
- Experience in network design, LAN/WAN technologies, routing, switching, firewalls, secure tunneling, WIFI, WAN optimisation, IP schema design, VOIP/VTC, network management & monitoring, protective monitoring etc.
- Management and configuration of crypto in government/defence environment.
- Understanding of good security practices in the government/defence environment.
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test & acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to think creatively to overcome challenges.
- A positive and forward-leaning attitude to continuous improvement.
- Customer facing with the ability to manage customer relationships.
- Full UK driving licence
- Current UK passport
- SECURITY – All candidates must be able to achieve SC clearance with a willingness to apply for DV.