Portfolio Analysis Manager (G7 - CBS144)
Join us as a Portfolio Analysis Manager with the Home Office
(Remote, Full-time, Permanent)
**If you have active SC clearance used within a Government organisation in the last 12 months you will have your application prioritised**
About CapitaAt Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever ??? and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Why Join Home Office?This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
The Role of a Senior Portfolio Analysis ManagerThis role is for a Portfolio Analysis Manager, to support design, development and delivery of the RAID portfolio strand within the Transformation Hub.Working with colleagues in the function and the central Home Office, the Portfolio Analysis Manager will be responsible for developing the portfolio risk approach including identifying the Department risk appetite, assessing portfolio risk tolerances. The role will also cover work to capture portfolio level assumptions and to ensure that effective risk/issues mitigation and escalation is in place.
- A broad understanding of Risk and issue/ Interdependencies management
- Planning & Scheduling
- Requirements management
- Senior Stakeholder management i.e. Senior strategy, policy and operational colleagues along with Digital, Data and Technology teams
- Monitoring and reporting
- Collaborative approach
- Link together commands and feed into department and Senior Leaders
- Bring people and teams together
- Public sector experience within Government and Transport would be beneficial to the role
- Private Sector background ??? Large Group and similar setup of function
Typical Role Responsibilities also cover:
- Risks and Issues ??? Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependenciesDelivery ??? Create and lead the project to deliver agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraintProject Management ??? Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phasesResources ??? Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage medium sized teamBenefits Realisation ??? Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.Stakeholder Management ??? Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.Governance ??? Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for deliveryAssurance ??? Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as requiredChange Management ??? Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholdersGuidance and Support ??? Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performanceProject Performance and Controls ??? Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors
Typical Qualifications and Professional Memberships include:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Agile Project Management Practitioner
- APM Practitioner Qualification
- APM Registered Project Professional
- Project Leadership Programme
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Please note successful applicants will be required to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Londonderry
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Londonderry
- Banking None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Londonderry
- Biotechnology None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Londonderry
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Londonderry