Interim Senior Technical Architect
Interim Senior Technical Architect
Pay rate: Up to £650.00 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Provide technical leadership and consultancy, through the development, operation and ongoing improvement of internal and pan-government enterprise technology services
- Oversee the migration of enterprise IT infrastructure services from private cloud and on-premise infrastructure to public cloud and re-architect the underlying technology services (such as enterprise identity) to take advantage of new functionality
- Identify and select appropriate technical solutions based on a deep understanding of user needs and business requirements
- Collaborate with the enterprise architect, product managers, business analysts, delivery managers and others as part of cross-functional agile delivery teams
- Lead the technical evaluation of proposals from third party suppliers, as part of government procurement processes
- Work closely with external suppliers to ensure that their architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure and meet other internal standards
- Help enable the reuse of patterns, tools, and components across Cabinet Office and wider government
- Forge close working relationships across the cross-government technical architecture community to identify opportunities for reuse of existing services and components
- devise new technology patterns, standards and guidance for implementation by government.
- Enterprise technology architecture experience
- Good knowledge of open source technologies and standards, common public cloud platforms (particularly Microsoft Azure & Amazon Web Services) and related technologies (e.g. elastic scaling, platform as a service)
- Ability to design efficient data models and structures.
- Common CRM solutions (e.g. Salesforce) and CMS solutions (e.g. WordPress)
- Communicating highly technical matters to non-technical colleagues across the department
- Working in dynamic fast paced agile environments, collaboratively and openly with others
- Building digital services using user-centred approaches
- Familiarity with Digital Service Standard and Technology Code of Practice
- Experience of government security, risk and information assurance processes
- Experience building services that scale efficiently and load testing.
- Skilled at proactive and reactive communication
- Ability to evolve and define governance
- Ability to make decisions characterised by managed levels of risk and complexity
- Ability to apply strategy, using patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements
- Ability to design systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact, and business or technical complexity
- Ability to understand the whole context and trends and practices outside your team and how these will impact the work.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in London (Central)
- Defence SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in London (Central)
- Information Technology SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in London (Central)
- Management / Executive SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in London (Central)