Are you a well skilled Electrical Engineer looking for you next contract? My client is a world renowned name in the Cyber Security industry, providing bespoke digital security solutions to high profile public and private sector clients. They are now searching for a contracting Electrical Engineer to become an integral member of their industry leading team based with a key central governmental defence client.
As a company, my client is rapidly growing due to the diverse and complex nature of the projects that they undertake, and so it would be an exciting time to join as the newest Contract – Electrical Engineer, contributing to keeping the UK’s most renowned organisations safe from cyber threats and attacks.
This is a contract position so we are looking for specialists who do not need their hand-held – an ‘eagerness to learn” unfortunately will not cut it for this role. Prior experience working within the Defence and Intelligence or Cyber Security industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Due to current restrictions, you will be working remotely, however you should be flexible to work on site in Portsmouth if there is any significant relaxation of covid-19 restrictions.
Due to the nature of this work, you should hold current and valid UK SC security clearance.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic delivery team, responding to a range of emerging requirements,
- Experience of having specified and sized key electrical systems and components in a system design: e.g. power supply sizing,
- Knowledge and experienced of key electrical circuit design practices, including in rack power cabling specification, emergency off, warning indicator and earthing arrangement design and specification,
- Experience and knowledge of designing and specifying cooling arrangements for COTS electrical equipment,
- An ability to assist in the specification of key EMC requirements and the interpretation of documentation associated with this subject,
- Experience of specifying the relevant electrical equipment Safety Statements, contribute to equipment hazard analysis, physical and functional. Ideally experience specifying this for a MoD client.
- Experience developing electrical test plan, test cases and associated acceptance criteria required to support the test engineer,
- Review, assess and evaluate the electrical safety aspects of the System.
If you could be interested in the role as an SC Cleared Electrical Engineer then don’t hesitate, apply now for immediate consideration.
Role: Electrical Engineer – Contract
Start Date - ASAP
Rate: £450 per day (Self assessed IR35)
Duration: 3 Months
Contact: Peter Vannet
Telephone: 020 7780 6706