Identity and Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Identity and Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Duration: 3 months [initially]
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Intelligent Resource is currently recruiting for an experienced IAM Engineer to take responsibility for the Authentication & Authorization services, at a key Aerospace client based in Stevenage, on an initial three (3) month contract.
On client's instructions, due to the urgency, nature and length of the assignment, the successful candidate must have current security clearance to a high level.
The post holder will work through Intelligent Resource for Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, providing one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services.
The IAM Engineer is a wide ranging role that will be responsible for the Active Directory Service (AD), Identity Services (ID), Single Sign on service (SSO) and Network Access Control (NAC) Service.
The AD provides authentication and authorization services for national restricted (governmental), international restricted and divisional environments. They contain important and sensitive information, like metadata for authentication and authorization to IT resources/applications connected to the client's network. In addition personal information, which are used by several business applications are stored.
The ID provides, collects and shares consolidated User information. It contains important and sensitive User information, which is used by several IT Systems and business applications. Therefore the implemented Identity Service builds one of the core identity turntables and is a key element towards the overall Authentication & Authorization supporting other services like Single Sign-on Service, Collaboration Service (e.g. SharePoint), further application services and the different client infrastructure environments.
The client uses Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions for their employees. This Single Sign-On service is setup as a standardized IT business service, which provides Single Sign-On functionality for employees with a standard Windows User account.
NAC involves authentication of access to important and sensitive information. This responsibility will include handling change management and administration of NAC Authentication Service and maintenance of related infrastructure, contents and objects including interconnectivity.
The IAM Engineer will be responsible for managing the entirety of the services highlighted above, including ensuring that the applications required to perform these actions are supported, patched and updated appropriately.
- Maintenance of Active Directory Forest according to security policies
- Provision of new groups and devices as required by projects
- Continued Availability of Domain Controllers to enable remote access
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Manage AD forests and domain services
- Implement and maintain the AD design and OU structures
- Central Administration
- Install and operate AD servers, infrastructure and administration
- AD, ID, SSO and NAC operational monitoring & auditing (build/ run part)
- AD, ID, SSO and NAC backup/ restore (build/ run part)
- AD PKI operations (install operate and maintain)
- AD hardening service support
- AD, ID, SSO and NAC regular reporting of necessary information
- Manage AD, ID, SSO and NAC backend and content service
- AD, ID, SSO and NAC server operations
- To support in the provision of a centralised and secured user registration and authentication solution, setup in accordance with the business organisational structure.
- Deliver regular file management services, in accordance with defined rights and privileges.
- Excellent experience in Active Directory administration
- Excellent experience of NAC Services, file access management and disaster recovery planning
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Experience applying ITIL methodology
- Able to work as part of a small team
- MCSE Certification
- Knowledge of Storage Technologies
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN Technologies
- Willing to work out of hours and attend remote sites
- Experience working in virtualised environment
- Some experience of application support
Intelligent Resource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sanderson Solutions Group Plc, an experienced and well established recruitment partner with a family of recruitment companies.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.