Senior ICT Portfolio Delivery Consultant
"You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life. "
Join us as a Portfolio Delivery Director – Defence Digital, working primarily, but not exclusively, in the Defence market.
We have had fantastic success in growing our ICT consulting portfolio in Defence Digital and need an experienced ICT programme delivery professional, who can gain the clients’ confidence and respect to help fuel that growth further. You will support our clients by providing them with outstanding delivery leadership across their most critical ICT and digital programmes. Using your industry leading ICT technical delivery and consulting skills, you’ll spearhead our efforts to position us in this area, providing portfolio delivery leadership of our clients most challenging tasks and helping us win future opportunities that emerge from new technology and ways of working. You will act as a focal point to grow and develop our technical portfolio delivery capabilities.
The ICT landscape in MOD continues to be characterized by a large, complex embedded legacy position yet with increasing opportunities and pressure to adopt new technologies and new ways of working enabled by Digital. As a strategic partner to MOD we are ideally placed to work closely with them to help them articulate and drive change, working in some of their most complex and challenging programmes and projects.
The role is envisaged primarily as a delivery-focused role, with the majority of your time spent working closely with clients to drive excellent outcomes in ICT consulting and delivery.
- Provide portfolio management and programme delivery leadership for our most complex and challenging ICT consulting and implementation tasks, ensuring excellent delivery outcomes for a prioritized and optimized portfolio
- Drive the establishment of coherent delivery management approaches across the portfolio and coach and guide staff as to the most appropriate portfolio and programme management, governance and control approaches
- Work closely with the Defence Digital account team, providing a portfolio delivery focal point supporting development of robust growth;
- Work with Client Directors and Managers, leading the technical elements of key bids and pursuits
- Develop and articulate compelling value propositions and leading thought leadership
- Drive our brand perception with key economic buyers and strategic influencers in line with our desired market positioning
- Act as a bridge into practices, articulating strategic capability development needs and support both market and practice strategies and plans
- Leverage senior client relationships in pursuit of the above
What you can bring
- Outstanding ICT Portfolio Management and Programme Delivery consulting and/or implementation credentials at enterprise level. We can be flexible about the specific disciplines, but expect significant capability and ICT Programme Delivery experience in some of the following areas:
- Portfolio Management – prioritization and optimization as well as control
- Programme & Project Management – full lifecycle from definition through to transition to operations
- Agile and Hybrid Delivery approaches
- Integrated Portfolio Management Systems, efficient collection, presentation and analysis of value-added portfolio decision making information
- Designing and implementing Portfolio and Programme Delivery organizations
- PMO Design and Implementation – tools, governance and key control processes incl. Schedule, Risk, Cost, Change, Quality
- Transformational technology exploitation (such as automation, AI)
- Practical ICT programme, project, service delivery
- Relevant and recognized qualifications – APM, Prince2, MSP, MoP, MoR, Scrum, SaFE, DSDM
- Breadth of consultancy experience, working as a trusted advisor with Board level stakeholders, tackling enterprise-level issues and concerns
- Able to operate at strategic and detail levels with equal ease
- Accomplished at communicating complex technical concepts with ease to a wide range of stakeholders
- Existing knowledge of Defence ICT, and key stakeholders in Defence Digital
- Demonstrable evidence of technically leading complex tender responses
Why work for Atkins?
"Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's ""Women in Defence"" and ""Women in Aviation and Aerospace"" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award. "
Meeting your needs
"When you start with us, you'll enjoy ""Total Reward,"" a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need. "
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.