Consultant, Solution Architect, Defence and Security
3 days left
- Job Type
Our Public Sector practice has a strong and growing presence in the Defence, Security and Justice (DSJ) Sectors. Our strong relationships, and the depth and breadth of our skills, means we have been at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken in this sector.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking; diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
If you believe that joining this team will give you opportunities you’re unlikely to find elsewhere, are highly skilled in your field, willing to travel within the UK and are cleared to SC or DV - we are very keen to hear from you.
Architecture is part of our Technology practice which provides clients with the advice and delivery support that they need in their complex technology programmes. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, delivering or setting up solutions we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in!
Our Architecture team provides a range of services to help our Clients deliver business driven, technology-enabled solutions across their organisation. The typical services we provide our Clients include:
- Defining and documenting the overall Enterprise Architecture including the various Solution Architecture components.
- Establishing and leading an architecture function and associated governance structures.
- Translating Business strategy into programmes and projects – aligning delivery to strategy.
- Assessing alignment of the timing and scope of programmes and projects to business strategy – delivering the right solution at the right time.
- Solution Architecture services across the full project lifecycle, including: Design Specification, Design Assurance, Delivery, and Assessment.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
Successful candidates will have experience in assurance or delivery in some or all of the following domains:
• Process and Organisational Design;
• Information and Data;
• Integration and Services;
• Operations; and
We want people who will embody technology delivery at Deloitte Consulting - people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients.
• As such, candidates should also be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Industry qualifications or equivalent training in technical architecture design and project delivery, e.g. TOGAF certification.
• Developing IT capability and technology roadmaps.
• Requirements gathering and requirements management.
• Solutions that transform the customer experience e.g. digital solutions.
• Programme or project management in a technology environment.
• If you believe this sounds like you then please do get in touch and we look forward to meeting you!
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178083
Apply for Consultant, Solution Architect, Defence and Security
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Engineering SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Public Sector SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom