Consultant, Scrum Master (Deloitte Digital), Defence and Security.
Traditional ways of working are failing to keep pace in the digital age.
Organisations across industry sectors readily acknowledge the need for increased agility to keep up with the pace of disruption. However, many are attempting to install capital ‘A’ Agile frameworks without understanding their desired outcomes and the cultural principles required. As a result, their agile teams often fail to succeed.
We are proud of the impact we have with our Defence and Security clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth & breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission – we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious transformation programmes.
We are seeking people to join us who exemplify an agile mind-set and want to make a difference with teams looking to improve their ways of working. From coaching leadership and creating flow in enterprise systems such as portfolio management and risk and control, to larger scale delivery engagements providing the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary teams with colleagues who lead their field in business sector and technology-based expertise.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
You will be part of a team where you will have responsibility for:
- Helping teams (Deloitte, Client and a mix) improve their ways of working towards better value sooner, safer, happier by adopting various agile coaching, facilitation and delivery stances.
- Coaching agile teams to clarify their desired outcomes, selected experiments and incremental improvements
- Facilitation of team self-organisation and delivery events as invited
- Teaching either in formal training sessions or less formal discussions
- Coaching to optimise the flow of value and helping resolve impediments
- Bringing back learnings as to how teams are innovating and how that can be shared back with other teams and other clients
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office could be in London, Bristol, or another of our regional hubs. This client-facing role provides opportunity for travel in the UK.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Experience working within mature and immature agile teams as a team member or in a lead / facilitating role
- Experience helping teams to incrementally evolve their ways of working by empowering them to select & adopt new practices for successful outcomes
- Experience of stabilising and optimising the flow of work using visualisation, empiricism and coaching techniques
- Understanding of desirable culture in a cross-functional team and also the dysfunctions of a team that can impede success
- Agile methodologies and certifications, specifically #Kanban, #Disciplined Agile and/or #ICAgile
- Knowledge of other methods (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, LeSS, XP) is of interest but not required
- Working with teams outside of IT to using #agile coaching & delivery techniques
- Shaping experiments and larger changes for clients to implement as part of a wider transformation journey
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Engineering SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom