Consultant, HR Transformation, Defence and Security, Human Capital
Want to help keep the country and its citizens safe? Want to work with those who do so on a daily basis? Want to shape the capability and solutions they use to achieve this? Then look no further – you’re home…
We are looking for disrupters, thought leaders, people who are passionate about people to join our world leading HR Transformation practice within the Defense, Security and Justice Sectors. We help our clients navigate some of the biggest and most complex people related challenges on their agenda, bringing experience from all sectors and world class thought leadership to the DS&J client base.
We are proud of the impact we have with our DS&J clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth & breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission – we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious transformation programmes.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Join the world’s leading HR and people transformation business and help create the Future of Work for major corporations. You’ll develop trusted relationships with senior business stakeholders. As part of a practice that brings research and analytics expertise together with deep industry knowledge, you’ll develop change programmes that are not only innovative, but deliver the most positive impact for all.
With over 800 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of HR and Organisational Transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes and Deloitte is the recognised global leader in HR Consulting, Transformation and Technology with over 300 blue-chip credentials.
Within Human Capital, the HR & Technology Advisory practice consistently innovates and drives HR Transformation for some of the largest UK public sector organisations and well known global brands.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant in the HRT DS&J sector you will be joining a rapidly growing part of the business that partners with our clients to help them tackle people related challenges. This could be building a new people and workforce strategy, employee brand, employee value proposition, redesigning end to end talent processes, development and capability pathways and everything in between.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Owning and leading work streams of activity within client engagements and managing teams of Consultants and Analysts
- Developing client relationships through effective stakeholder engagement
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis, applying rigorous logic to deliver insight and innovative solutions to clients
- Interviewing client employees and managers and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Assisting in the preparation of high quality deliverables such as documents and presentations which present client recommendations
- Working with Client counterparts on scoping pieces of work including gathering requirements, gathering feedback and input for workshops or meetings and checking understanding
- Overseeing junior members of the team specifically Analysts and the deliverables they are responsible for
- Effectively work in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Have expertise in one or more of the following areas: HR operations, HR transformation programmes, enabling HR technologies, shared services, digital HR, HR organisation design or a specialist HR area (e.g. learning, recruitment, benefits, reward, performance and talent)
- Strategic analysis of future organisational capabilities and trends and implementing these to improve business performance and the employee experience
- Possess excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills and have an ability to influence others
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of HR and the function it performs in a business context
- Be able to apply knowledge and expertise in a range of client scenarios, focusing on high quality even in high pressured, time critical situations
- Proven ability to assess and deliver new HR service delivery and HR operating models considering business demands and more efficient ways of working
- Experience of working with new HR Technology and experience of analysis of an organisation’s HR requirements, employee experience, processes and pain points to ensure the identification and implementation of the most suitable enabling technology
- An understanding of or preferably experience with robotics and automation for process optimization
- Awareness of artificial intelligence (AI) and cognitive computing to enable information management, data analysis and predictive systems
- An understanding of how virtual reality and/or augmented reality can be leveraged to support employee retention, learning & development, engagement and productivity
- Awareness of using technology to allow for innovative ways to engage with employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Appreciation of the digital roadmap, including risk management and staying a breadth of new digital tools
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BAHUCC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167021
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Human Resources SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Public Sector SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom