- Previous experience and detailed knowledge of the MARCOM infrastructure design and service operations.
- Very good experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and enterprise-scale management (Panorama)
- Strong experience and knowledge of deploying Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention on Enterprise level.
- Very Good experience and knowledge of Computer and Networks Security principles and procedures and technologies.
- Troubleshooting of Linux and/or Windows infrastructures
- Strong knowledge and experience of Boundaries Protections Devices
- Strong experience and technical knowledge on wide and local area networks and components (switches, routers)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communication security, LAN/WAN networking including protocol network architecture, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications
- Good experience in troubleshooting TCP/IP networks to identify problems.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and services.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams
Clearance Required: National Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
Skills Knowledge Experience:
Essential to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar related discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as Security Analyst or Engineer or similar position involving Technical ICT Engineering knowledge, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational education (loading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation) with 7 years post related experience.
- Knowledge of DNS, mail, web servers/proxies, mail guards
- Software engineering including programming and/or scripting knowledge (python, shell scripting, PowerShell).
- Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as CISSP, CISM, MCSE/S, CISA, GSNA, SANS GIAC.
- A solid understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.)
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
ROLES & DUTIES.
Under the direction of Section Head, Gateway Security Services, the Level 3 Firewall Engineer will perform duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Support primarily the centrally delivered elements of the MARCOM local SLA, but also the Centralised SLA activities in all areas of network and security devices, such as
* Central administration of Boundary Protection and Gateway services
* System staging and configuration
* Firewall policy development
- Management, maintenance and configuration of appliances and software applications for Gateway Security systems, including network security devices such as firewalls and data diodes to ensure continuing functionality and availability.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting infrastructure and operational issues and collaborating with other teams for a successful resolution;
- Perform the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of authorised changes, related to Gateway Security Systems and the integration/tailoring of vendor supplied components, following established procedures for quality, configuration control, testing, documentation and security;
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Management and other Cyber Security teams
- Provide assistance to Incident Handlers to identify and remediate security incidents
- Review security documentation and provide technical advice, when requested
- Performs other duties as may be required.
More searches like this
- Aerospace NATO Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Belgium
- Biotechnology NATO Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Belgium
- Central Government NATO Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Belgium
- Consultancy NATO Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Belgium
- Cyber Security NATO Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Belgium