Interim Paralegal/Junior Lawyer (Qualified)
Interim Paralegal/Junior Lawyer (Qualified) - PSR 1JP00028892
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Undertake case consideration and case management duties within the European mutual legal assistance team. Deal effectively and timeously with all case preparation, case progression and administrative tasks throughout the life cycle of a case, working both independently and in partnership with prosecutors, fellow paralegal staff, casework assistants and others within the local criminal justice system, to produce optimum outputs.
- Following UKCA processes when considering and progressing a caseload of Mutual Legal Assistance/EIO cases and comply with key performance indicators.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the the CGB, other Government departments, law enforcement and with overseas stakeholders to seek solutions and enhance judicial cooperation.
- Ensuring compliance with systems to manage risk, data protection and participating in contingency planning.
- Ensuring the UKCA maintains high quality and timely delivery of casework for MLA
Skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required:
- Strong interpersonal skills to build good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; confident in delivering to large groups of staff when required in an engaging manner.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- The ability to be flexible and shift between tasks/competing priorities; and be a strong team player.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Ability to interpret and apply guidance and regulations to make decisions.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to form well thought out conclusions and recommendations.
- IT Literate – a good knowledge of Microsoft office and digital technology.
- Good experience of change management.
- Have experience of managing in an operational environment.
Contract Length: 5-6 months
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance / CTC clearance would be considered
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for