The UK Government National Security Mission is what excites us at Applied Intelligence. We endeavour to work at the very core of our customer’s mission and as technology develops, data is becoming an ever more essential feature of working in this sector. At a high level, the need for bigger, better and faster data is vital. Our ever expanding team of passionate Data Scientists and Engineers are the reason we are able to contribute to the success of our customer’s mission. Data Science will continue to play a pivotal role in expanding our capability to deliver solutions to our customers for years to come.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions.
Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients. Our projects are spread across the Data Science lifecycle from delivering Research and Proof of Concept models, to building and delivering operational solutions.
What you will be doing for us:
- Applying Data Science and analysis techniques ranging from: Data Aggregation and Management Information reporting (MI), statistical-based analytics to advanced approaches such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
- You will be working with a range of different colleagues (including Data Specialists, Business Analysts, Creative and Engineering teams) to understand the challenges our clients face and develop meaningful insights into their problems and their data.
- Manage one or more areas of technical work including: planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager.
- Use your knowledge and experience of Data Science technologies to evaluate potential solutions and combine capabilities in order to deliver innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
- As part of our Consulting workforce you will be presenting and demonstrating solutions to clients at all levels of seniority, tailoring your communications to effectively explain analytical techniques and advise on their application.
What background are we looking for?
- Data Science, Analysis or Engineering, with a solid understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning concepts along with experience of applying them in your previous role.
- Experience in using Data Science tools and technology, including at least one analytical scripting language (e.g. Python, R, SAS). Rather than specifying a list of technologies we look for, demonstrable ability in what you have used previously, along with adaptability and willingness to learn.
- A good understanding of Open Source software for Data Science and can evaluate these platforms against COTS products. Given a customer problem you can analyse and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- A comprehensive knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and “Big Data” platforms) with experience using object and data modelling techniques.
- Previous experience working in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence is desirable, but not essential.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Consultancy SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Defence SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)