Pareto People are working on this role on behalf of a leading, dynamic and fast-growing consultancy, looking to recruit an Azure Engineer on a Daily Rate of up to £500, for 6 months. This organisation works on a large scale of projects within UK, predominantly within the Public Sector, specialising in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Services.
This role requires a self-driven individual with SC clearance. This role is primarily working from home with the occasional onsite meeting within Wiltshire.
This is a hands-on role for an Azure Engineer to work within an agile team. The main activity is the deployment of required resources on to Azure, in line with design documentation, to assist in the migration of the Client's existing system into Cloud Azure. A secondary activity is the deployment of Azure resources to support the evaluation of software for the Client's new platform.
- Deployment of Azure resources in-line with the architectural design for the migration
- Facilitating migration approaches that may make use of any appropriate Azure migration services. E.g. Azure Database Migration Service.
- Ability to define infrastructure as code, using an infrastructure deployment tool (ideally Terraform), to allow infrastructure to be deployed in a consistent, reproducible and version-controlled manner.
- Feed into the Agile team any Azure technical knowledge or experience that could assist in the migration to Azure or the evaluation of new software.
- Analytical/problem solving skills.
- Team working, personal networking skills.
- Hands on Azure deployment and configuration skills.
- Presentation skills; presence and credibility in front of customers.
- Works under pressure while remaining decisive.
- Able to communicate all needs, instructions and decisions clearly.
One or more of the following Azure certifications are desirable: -
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Experience developing, migrating and integrating customer workloads into Azure.
- Experience in developing and deploying infrastructure as code (Terraform preferable).
- Experience with containerisation principles and frameworks (Kubenetes) is desirable.
- Able to talk about previous projects where Azure deployments/migrations have been completed and any lessons learnt from that.
- Experience/knowledge around deploying/using Azure Managed SQL would be beneficial.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008 R2 as well as more modern versions would be beneficial.
- Experience in administration of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2016 would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in an Agile way as part of an Agile team.
- Ability to identify key project stakeholders and contacts and work closely with them where necessary.
- SC Clearance.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Contract £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Wiltshire
- Central Government SC Contract £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Wiltshire
- Consultancy SC Contract £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Wiltshire
- Cyber Security SC Contract £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Wiltshire
- Defence SC Contract £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Wiltshire