IT Site Engineer - UK Deployment (DV)
Synergize Consulting have a requirement for several IT Site Engineers, to work at one of our largest clients on a 6 month project due to commence in October 2020.
Please see key information as per the below, provided by the client for your review:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a deployment Engineer, under the direction of the site implementation manager and site contact will be tasked with swapping out user desktops following the previous evenings site migrations if user desktop encounters issues/failure.
- Once Physical Swap out completed, power and set up machine will be completed ensuring the user can log on to the machine. Once logged in ensure all resources can access applications
- If there is no desktop Swap outs to be completed Deployment Engineers are to assist with Laptop deployment, i.e locating user laptops on site, plugging in laptops, checking if ports required, recording of assets etc
- Engineers may also be requested to attend Server installs at various sites. This will be to assist with the racking of new kit prior to the Server Engineer/Installation Design Authority connecting all and getting this up and running correctly
- Engineers will be working face-to-face with customers so communicating clearly with a high level of energy and enthusiasm is expected. Engineers will need to explain information clearly and patiently to customers in a professional manner and due to the nature of the job and the sites attending. As this is a UK Wide deployment travel UK wide will be expected.
- All travel is fully expensed. Initial duration is until end of March 2021, extension is likely. This is a full time contract (Mon-Fri).
- An IT background, including support and deployment work.
- Ability to work to your own direction, as well as working as part of a large project team.
- Strong knowledge of IT hardware, software, systems and applications.
- Having own transport, and a flexibility as to work location and travel.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the work, it would be an advantage for candidates to hold, or be eligible and willing to undergo a high level of government security clearance (DV).
If you are looking to take the next exciting step in your IT career, please send in your CV for immediate consideration.