Geospatial Map Production Support (OFF SITE)
DEADLINE: Tue 20th October 2020
Total Scope of request: Initial 2020 – 200 hrs - up to total of 5,500 hrs considering potential subsequent yearly extensions
Duty Location: Offsite
Required Start Date: 10 November 2020
Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
Equivalent NATO Grade: B6
GEOSPATIAL MAP PRODUCTION OFF-SITE SUPPORT
1.1. The NCI Agency Geospatial Services Branch supports NATO commands with Geospatial Support in various areas, such as, but not limited to, concept development, geospatial data production and dissemination, map
production, geospatial data format conversions, image processing, including support to NATO operations
- The Geospatial Support Branch (GSB) team requires the support of off-site contractor (s’’) for the execution of imagery processing and geospatial production related tasks performed in support of NATO operations. The support covers but not limited to the following activities:
- Military mapping production using Arc GIS 10. (x) SW Desktop and Server/ArcGIS Image Server. This includes data preparation, publishing, optimisation and caching of WMS
- Aerial/satellite Imagery processing including orthorectification, classification and multi sensor data fusion of commercial satellite imagery and production of orthophotomaps.
- Development/implementation of GIS SW customised solutions and automation of GIS tasks using Pyton and C++ programming language development for the implementation of algorithms for colour balancing of aerial/satellite imagery
- Feature reclassification based on available satellite/aerial imagery and ancillary military mapping;
- Ad-hoc geospatial production support tasks;
- The list of activities may expand as urgent operational requests emerge and qualification of the candidate allows.
2.2. Close coordination of all activities with the NCI Agency Project Manager (PM) as well as strict adherence to agreed timelines is mandatory.
3. Level of Support
Not-to-Exceed 5,500 labor hours over the entire duration of the contract to include base year 2020 (200hrs) and any possible subsequent yearly extensions.
4.2. Performance Period
4.2.1. The Contractor (s’’) should be available immediately after contract award. If not, the availability must be clearly stated on the Task Order level.
4.2.2. Purchaser may request support at short notice (no less than 1 week) for specific activities.
4.2.3. The period of performance shall be identified at the Task Order level.
4.3. Work location
4.3.1. Off-site at contractor (s’’) premises.
4.3.2. Contractor (s’’) production environment” shall hold a valid certification on EN ISO 9001: 2015
4.3.3. Contractor (s’’) production facilities must have a valid “NATO Secret Clearance”. Which allows the handling, processing and storage of up to NATO Secret classified data.
- Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
- MSc in Geography, Geographic Information Science, Geospatial Sciences or related technical fields - Essential
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in production of orthophotomaps. Including orthorectification, classification and multi sensor data fusion of commercial satellite imagery - Essential
- Minimum 3 years advanced experience on usage of ERDAS SW - Essential
- Minimum 5 years of experience on mapping production using Arc GIS 10. (x) SW Desktop and Server/ArcGIS Image Server. This includes data preparation, publishing, optimisation and caching of OGC web services such as WMS, WMTS - Essential
- Minimum 5 years of experience on GIS projects involving photointerpretation and feature classification upon aerial imagery and ancillary military mapping - Essential
- 3+ years’ experience in C++ programming language and usage of following libraries: GDAL, OpenCV, Intel IPP, Intel TBB, MrSID Decode SDK, kakadu SDK, libjpeg, zlib, libpq++ through participation of relevant GIS projects - Essential
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience on PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, through participation of relevant GIS projects - Essential
- Deep knowledge on compression formats (MrSID, ECW, JPEG2000) with hands-on production experience through participation on relevant projects - Essential
- Proven experience in development of tools using ArcGIS Toolbox and ArcPy - Essential
- Proven experience in SW development for implementation of algorithms for colour balancing of aerial/satellite imagery - Essential
- Proven experience in accuracy assessment of high resolution geospatial products - Essential
- Solid understanding of coordinate systems, projections, datums etc - Essential
- Solid GIS Background, proven through formal academic qualification - Essential
- Quality Assurance of deliverables to be provided to NCI Agency shall be compliant to: EN ISO 9001: 2015 & ISO 27001:2013. This requires proof of valid certification for “off-site” contractor production environment on EN ISO 9001: 2015 & ISO 27001:2013 - Essential
- Solid understanding of ISO 19157:2013 – Geographic Information – Data Quality Standards, through participation in relevant GIS projects - Essential
- Off-site production facilities must have valid “NATO Secret Clearance” which allows handling, processing and storage of up to NATO Secret classified data - Essential
- Fluent in Business English - Essential
More searches like this
- Aerospace NATO Contract £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Defence NATO Contract £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Engineering NATO Contract £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Information Technology NATO Contract £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Homeworking
- Telecommunications NATO Contract £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Homeworking