Interim Data Engineer
Interim Data Engineer
Pay Rate: Up to £450 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Newcastle and Manchester - Work from home majority of contract
Core Purpose As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
As a Data Engineer you support continuous improvement of standards and provide leadership to develop Associate Data Engineers, providing technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers.
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear and robust, and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
- Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products;
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services;
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
- Perform data profiling and quality measurements;
- Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries;
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products;
- Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products; and
- Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
Technical Skills required
- Able to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these.
- Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
- Designs, develops. codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them.
- Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings.
- Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience.
- Able to give tactical recommendations.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Previous experience of working for a government dept.
- Knowledge in the following software -
- AIX Unix, Inges DB, SQL scripting and querying knowledge.
- MS Access and knowledge of VBA
- Ideal extras would be Data Services, Business Objects, Qlik Sense and Informatica.
Contract Length: 5 months
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Consultancy SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Cyber Security SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Digital Forensics SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Graduate SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne