Active Directory Design Engineer - Erskine
Currently seeking a security cleared Active Directory Design Consultant, to assist my client on an initial month contract, with intention to extend further; based on site at their offices in Erskine, Scotland.
Due to the nature of the role and the time scale and requirements issued by the client, candidates have been advised to hold current and active SC level security clearance, with the ability to obtain higher level clearance at the clients request.
Please note - Due to the nature of the project, it is a key requirements that contractors are based on site 5 days a week in Erskine. There is no remote working available for this role.
Please see key information as per the below, provided by the client for your consideration:
Scope and Complexity
- Usually assists with multiple customers working on medium to large project/programs, multiple client sites and management organizations
- Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales.
- Actively grows HP portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HP strategy moving forward.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded by others within HP as a subject matter expert.
- Usually works on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factor
- Regularly exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Sometimes directs and supervises within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Provides mentoring and guidance to employees at lower job levels.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyses and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates and promotes the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing within their team.
- Shows sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies with an emphasis on the Microsoft Active Directory and Identify Management solution.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of Identity Management
- Ability to work in a multi-technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summarise prognosis and impact at practice lead level.
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining technical depth in the Microsoft Server platform whilst focusing on Active Directory roles:
- Directory Services
- Federation Services
- Lightweight Directories Services
- Certificate Services
- Rights Management Services
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise.
- Expert knowledge of working with other Directory / X500 systems, and their integration with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Demonstrates an expert level of understanding of Active Directory and other complementary technologies, including:
- Directory Services
- Group Policy
- IP addressing and routing
- Site component topology
- Forest operations and topology
- Active Directory distributed file system
- ADAM/Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- LDAP / X500
- File replication services
- Client interactions
- Active Directory Certificate Services / PKI
- Rights Management Services
- Active Directory Federated Services
- Functional skills in basic protocol analysis
- Holds a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server Infrastructure certification