Senior Consultant – Business Analyst
Leading the edge of transformation.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Step into a rewarding role in our 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) division. As a Business Analyst you’ll stay challenged, providing key clients with day-to-day advice. You'll be trusted with technical delivery, using emerging innovation and data analysis to develop client recommendations. Everyone here is up to the challenge, and you'll enjoy leading and building our diverse, talented and supportive teams.
- You will be given significant responsibility and exposure to our clients and be expected to act as an ambassador for our business, accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of the delivery of assignments and you may lead an Atkins team responsible for specific project outputs.
- Our consultants are also expected to help develop and grow our business, growing new opportunities within existing accounts, managing a bid team, writing case studies, presenting to prospective clients, developing new business propositions, or researching potential new markets.
- Your personal and professional manner will be key to building the relationships that enable success for you, your colleagues and your clients.
- You will be leading the analysis of processes, systems and operations, using appropriate tools and techniques to identify improvements and/or efficiencies in fulfilment of client objectives. This will include extensive client engagement including facilitating workshops to gather inputs to your analysis and to share emerging ideas or conclusions.
- You will prepare reports, business cases, options papers and present to a range of client stakeholders.
- You may contribute to the development of Operational Improvement tools, techniques and methods that can be shared to build capabilities within our Consulting practice.
- You may lead agile delivery in roles such as agile business analyst or proxy product owner or scrum master to rapidly iterate effective solutions.
- What you can bring
- You will have capability and experience of Business Consulting delivery or have the potential to do so across four dimensions: client interaction, technical delivery, practice and service development and business development.
- Ideally you will have a relevant degree and/or relevant professional qualification (such as BCS CITP status, ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA accreditation).
- You will have experience of agile and waterfall delivery and may understand the Business Analyst role in a DevOps environment.
- You build trusted and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
- You have relevant sector experience in one or more of our key client sectors, Central Government, Defence, Education, Aviation and other transportation sectors.
- You have a variety of consulting capabilities and techniques to suit different situations. These might include strategy development, research, analysis, organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, business process analysis, change impact assessment, coaching and/or mentoring; training development and delivery.
- You demonstrate a high level of problem-solving ability and can present complex concepts effectively by making simple persuasive points based on your analysis.
- You have demonstrable experience of using business analysis techniques, these may include process mapping, shall statements, user stories, MOST, CATWOE, BPMN process mapping, prototyping, wire framing, Behaviour Driven Development, use case analysis, UML, Class Models, Entity Relationship Diagrams, TOGAF® 9.2, ArchiMate®3, and user journey mapping.
- You may have experience in UX/UI including user research and the development of UX/UI design for clients utilising storyboards, prototypes and wireframing.
- You may have used tools to enhance your delivery such as Doors, Sparx, ARIS, BiZZdesign, Mood.
- You have experience of innovating solutions for organisations, enhancing your delivery by applying your knowledge of digitisation, automation, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence and real time visualisation.
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to those you work with and have supported the development of strong successful teams.
- You have strong commercial acumen, are comfortable supporting bids and can spot an opportunity to develop value proposals with clients that will lead to increased revenue.
Why work for Atkins?
Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.