Principal Configuration Engineer
This role is for a Principal Configuration Engineer for Land & Naval in the UK at Project level. Based at Southampton but will also cover adhoc travel to other Leonardo sites in the UK when necessary. The role includes reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements; authoring Configuration Management plans; conducting, documenting and managing configuration control boards where required and helping to develop and manage robust product design and build standard control.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Generation of Configuration Management Plans.
- Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre)
- Definition of Configuration requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
- Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
- Chairing Configuration Control Board meetings.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Configuration Management and Planning: Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management and Planning activities. Fully versed with the requirements of international CM and experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners and suppliers
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena. Able to establish and apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating and communicating the project requirements in line with the project need
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management. Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes, and at international CCB to present company decisions. Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions
- Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities and understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports. Capable of defining and managing partner and subcontractor CSA information, analysing the information and supporting the production of metrics and KPI requirements
- Configuration Verification and Audit:
- Reporting Skills
- Demonstrate Honesty and Integrity
- Not afraid to challenge IPTs and Senior Management on CM& PDM related issues
- Able to acquire new technical knowledge on the job with strong multitasking skills
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Strong and pragmatic problem solving approach