Leonardo is looking for Software Architects to join our growing Electronic Warfare (EW) business, taking a leading role in defining world leading EW solutions across a variety of platforms.
You will be in a position to lead and influence the development of products and technologies across the lifecycle interacting with a variety of stakeholders across the Leonardo UK businesses.
- Cutting-Edge: You will take a leading role in bringing state of the art technologies into a variety of Leonardo products across existing and next gen platforms such as TEMPEST.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Leonardo's £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: Our projects push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: You will be working with highly skilled engineers across multiple domains and sites, from EW experts in Luton to Radar engineers in Edinburgh.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will lead the technical solution for a variety of exciting software developments across a variety of platforms using a variety of cutting edge technologies as part of our world class facility and form a key part of Leonardo's future.
You will have responsibility for the design and implementation of software architectures, making engineering decisions and mitigating technical risk to ensure development teams follow agreed technical architecture and development methodologies.
In addition you will have the opportunity to contribute to the software function to define the next generation skills, roadmaps, tools and processes to maintain Leonardo's world leading capability.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Software Engineering: Apply and further develop your knowledge of software engineering.
- EW Expertise: Leonardo has subject-matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the EW domain; technology, performance, and operational capabilities - the learning potential is limitless!
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of truly significant UK defence programmes.
- Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Continuous Learning: You'll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we're providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.
- A collaborative and flexible working environment balancing the needs of the projects as well as the individual.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
People with a passion for software engineering, technology and a desire to lead complex technical solutions in a dynamic environment.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and a desire to learn and share knowledge with others. In addition, you will be expected to have some of the following:
- Demonstrable experience of architecting Real Time Embedded software solutions.
- Knowledge and implementation of design principles and recognised design patterns to increase reusability.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture and requirements definition.
- Knowledge of the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up to date with relevant technologies, methodologies and personal development.
- Support the development and enhancement of business processes by evaluating technologies, developing processes and supporting best-practice.
- Actively contribute to sharing knowledge and developing others.
- Experience with safety and or security architectures an advantage.