Principal Software Engineer
Leonardo is looking for Principal Software Engineers to join our growing Electronic Warfare (EW) business, with responsibility for the development and delivery of world leading EW solutions across a variety of platforms.
You will use your experience to advise and deliver complex solutions either in an embedded (C++ and/or Ada) or desktop (C#) environment.
- Cutting-Edge: You will deliver software solutions to a variety of platforms using the latest development methods and technologies.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Leonardo's £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: You will be given the opportunity to rise to new challenges in a highly collaborative and supportive environment, whether that be upgrading a legacy system to ensure a world leading capability or a cutting edge new solution to support the future.
- Collaborative: You will be working with highly skilled engineers across multiple domains in an Agile environment.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Software Engineering: Apply and further develop your knowledge of software engineering.
- EW Expertise: Leonardo has subject-matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the EW domain; technology, performance, and operational capabilities - the learning potential is limitless!
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of truly significant UK defence programmes.
- Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Continuous Learning: You'll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we're providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.
- A collaborative and flexible working environment balancing the needs of the projects as well as the individual
Key Responsibility Areas
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will deliver software solutions using your technical experience to advise and ensure the best technical solution is delivered.
- You will use your experience to support others.
- You may be involved in leading development teams taking responsibility for cost, schedule and budget
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
People with a passion for delivering complex, cutting-edge software solutions to a variety of platforms.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and a desire to learn and share knowledge with others. In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
o Real Time Embedded development experience using a Real Time OS (RTOS) and C++ and/or Ada
o Desktop development experience using C# on Windows.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Experience in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Knowledge of the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques using Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up to date with relevant technologies, methodologies and personal development.