Senior Proposals Manager
establishing the target price and costs, defining the optimized technical solution with the Technical
leader and engaging the customers and internal stakeholders.Job Description
Essential Responsibilities :
- Guarantee the respect of technical offer time schedule to serve sales force in due time and
due quality level
- Warranty a strict application of the tendering process.
- Improve Tendering processes & tools.
- Optimize the efficiency of the Tendering organization.
- Financial monitoring and stick respect of the tendering budget
- Track and report costs per tender
- Predict of the tender workload based on sales input
- Challenge product costs and delivery costs in tenders
- Identify the needed recruitment and manage all tender resources
- Lead / support certain tenders
People Management :
- Lead and manage the team to ensure performance standards, annual objectives, policies and
procedures are met
- Ensure the team has the right level of know-how and competency to perform their
responsibilities through coaching and development
- Regularly manage and review performance of employees according to Performance
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions, processes, policies and on site
- Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team
- Takes responsibility to reward and encourage direct reports to take proactive steps toward all
matters related to EHS in the workplace.
- Identifies and evaluate EHS risks in own area and implements practical measures.
- Participates in hierarchical/ team safety visits and leads EHS improvement initiatives
- Sets objectives and measures results to encourages EHS performance as a contributing factor
to reach business objectives
- Sets the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions and
behaviors, giving constructive feedback and celebrating EHS effective prevention.
- Actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an
uncontrolled risk is observed.
- Routinely observes routines and behaviours of others and provides immediate feedback
regarding unsafe behaviour and celebrates achievements or safe behaviours.
- Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses to their team/s
- Limit negative margin deviation for transfer to operation
Strict application of tendering process
- Keep tendering cost within budget
Competent and high-performance team
- Development of key talents
Compliance to Quality processes, procedures, policies and procedures
Safety leadership and performance
Zero safety deviations, no safety non-conformances
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or proven experience of equivalent
level or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Major experience in a large international engineering projects environment, including proven
experience in the successful management of complex tenders (or project) of medium to large
scale, including sound understanding of commercial management and contract terms.
- Proven ability to lead contract negotiations with Customers in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under very time constrained activities
- Good Customer process understanding & understanding of electrical power system
engineering for Utility customers
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be
considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be
appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available
to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the
Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: No