Senior Environmental & Safety Consultant
RINA is a global company with 160 years of experience across multiple industries and is looking for an Environmental & Safety expert to join the Space and Defence business unit due to continued growth and success.
What your role will involve:
The Senior Environmental Safety Consultant will provide Safety and Environmental Engineering consultancy services for our customers (external and internal) and contribute to the RINA Space & Defence UK’s (S&D UK) further development and growth.
The role will involve UK travel (and some overseas travel) to support S&D UK’s customer’s onsite, developing and implementing through life support strategies on complex programmes.
Your key responsibilities as Senior Environmental and Safety Consultant will include:
- Manage Safety & Environmental Engineering Support programmes to ensure requirements are delivered on time, to budget, and to the required quality;
- On time and to budget delivery of Safety & Environmental Engineering project/task outputs as required in the project Statement of Requirement;
- Support to bids, proposals, analysis and report writing;
- Provide reports on productivity and other performance indicators to the Project Manager for project specific tasks;
- Peer review of Capability Group’s outputs;
- Assist the Capability Manager with developing new capability in order to meet new and emerging market demands;
- Develop innovation initiatives to support future growth.
What we are looking for:
- Technical qualification in an engineering discipline;
- Formal training in the management of Safety Engineering for UK Defence programmes;
- Formal qualification in Environmental Safety Management (MSc in Environmental Science, Diploma in Sustainability Management, IEMA Practitioner Membership);
- SC cleared.
- Good working knowledge of Defence Standards (in particular Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-970 series), ARP 4754, ARP 4761;
- Good working knowledge of MAA MRP, DSA01, 02 and 03, DSA02-DMR as appropriate to role;
- Good working knowledge of ASEMS POSMS and POEMS processes;
- Good working knowledge of the UK MOD procurement processes;
- A thorough understanding of Environmental Legislation / Regulation, and the impact of REACH and RoHS on defence safety environmental engineering
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development in environmental matters.
- Experience in the application of safety engineering management and support to large scale complex programmes for UK MOD and/or industry across the land, sea and/or air domains;
- Evidence of current or recent environmental experience in the UK Defence domain;
- Environmental Aspect, Environmental Impact and Environmental Risk development, including EISS workshop experience;
- Experience in successfully delivering safety & environmental engineering programmes;
- Experience in conducting Hazard & Safety Risk Analysis;
- Experience in the use and application of Safety Engineering tools (such as Reliability Workbench, ASCE, Bow Tie XP)
- Ability to engage with existing and potential customers, building trust and confidence;
- Successful in establishing strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues;
- Able to present ideas successfully, offering negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Effective time manager with good communication skills, listening skills with a flexible and positive approach to work;
- Exceptional report writing skills and high quality standards able to apply a logical and tailored approach to meet client needs.
In addition to the below you will become part of our growing global team, you will find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays);
- Option to buy more holiday;
- Support of Military Reservists – 5 additional unpaid days;
- Healthcare cover (Family can be added at an additional cost);
- Matched 6% pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Professional development to become chartered;
- Pay for professional membership;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Employee perks – retail discounts;
- Generous recruitment referral bonus;
- 4 half days paid leave for STEM Ambassadors;
Who are RINA
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,900 talented professionals, operating in 200 offices in 70 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects.
About RINA S&D UK
RINA S&D UK has been awarded Silver status with the Armed Forces Covenant Employers Recognition Scheme and proudly supports those who serve.
RINA S&D UK is a key technical engineering partner to the defence sector, providing a portfolio of consultancy services and with a proven track record in supporting government defence ministries, space agencies and prime contractors on complex projects.
We provide services across Safety & Environmental compliance, Systems Engineering, ILS, Business Analytics & Cost Modelling, Electromagnetic Compatibility, and Training & Learning solutions, and many of our team members have worked directly in the defence sector, so understand its culture and complexities.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.