Interim Programme Manager
Interim Programme Manager - PSR1JP00026670
Pay Rate: Up to £550 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
The Defence Nuclear Organisation (DNO) was established in 2016, as part of the recommendations set out in the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) to oversee all defence nuclear business, excluding operations.
Within DNO, the Warhead Directorate leads the UK nuclear warhead programme which provides a stockpile of reliable, safe and effective nuclear warheads to support the UK’s strategic nuclear deterrent now and in the future.
The Warhead Programme provides an extensive investment in our research and production facilities, science and engineering skills and safety and security infrastructure over the period 2005-2025.
You will be required to take a lead role in supporting the management and the smooth running of the PMO and key PMO processes; including proactively managing plans, issues and risks across a subset of projects, dealing with a range of senior stakeholders and reporting requirements.
You will operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Manager and other team members as directed and work with key stakeholders to manage the delivery of all aspects of the projects.
You should have experience in the delivery of programmes; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders.
You should have experience of governance and risk control frameworks; good planning and organisational skills; strong leadership; people and communications skills; and possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
You will support the co-ordination and production of various key monthly and ad-hoc programme reports, documents and artefacts as key inputs to programme governance meetings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with colleagues who are planning and tracking progress of the Programme to ensure an up to date picture is maintained.
- Ensuring that actions are progressed and highlighting areas where insufficient information is likely to cause a problem.
- Pro-actively identifying likely problems which may hinder delivery and suggesting solutions to the Programme management.
- Ensure that the Programme risk register is updated on a regular basis and that the information captured is up to date and can be reported on in an efficient manner.
- Design and creation of highlight _ checkpoint reports for Programme and Steering Boards (e.g. Programme dashboards; minutes and presentation slides). Management of the product management and risk management processes.
- Ensure that there is robust adherence to PPM processes including planning; risk management; dependency management and change control.
- Management of the change control procedure.
Contract Length: 10 months
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- DV - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial DV Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Reading
- Central Government DV Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Reading
- Consultancy DV Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Reading
- Defence DV Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Reading
- Management / Executive DV Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Reading