Senior Systems Engineer
This Systems Engineering vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and grow their skills and knowledge within a thriving organisation.
The job holder will be engaged in a wide variety of Systems Engineering activities covering the entire engineering lifecycle, including; systems definition, input to estimates and bid activities, requirements apportionment, systems architecting, integration, verification & validation, which will involve proactive interaction and communication with other Engineering and non-Engineering functions.
Candidates with a good understanding of all aspects of Systems Engineering relating to lifecycle processes and methodologies should apply. Specific experience in a Model Driven Engineering environment using modelling tools such as Matlab & Simulink is particularly sought after for this role.
Project work at Leonardo is based on both internally funded products and directly funded work with deliverables to key customers within short timescales. If successful, you will be joining a dedicated multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team with a full and stretching workload - with huge potential for personal growth and professional development.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Adherence to Leonardo's Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews
- Support to new and existing product line operations as required
- Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, risks, actions & opportunities for audit purposes or general good practice
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions
- Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation
- Capture of design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Previous experience working with Electro-Optical Systems, CCTV/thermal imaging.
- Previous experience working with communication systems
- Previous experience working with missile systems
- Experience working on Bids & Proposals
- Knowledge of military and international specifications and standards