Interim Principal Trainer
Interim Principal Trainer
Pay Range: Up to £497 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design and develop a range of training programmes.
- Perform a training needs analysis to set learning objectives and create training plans.
- Produce course materials and other documents such as hand outs, manuals and exercises.
- Deliver training in both formal informal settings. Monitor and review training results to ensure knowledge is effectively embedded and utilised appropriately in accordance with learning objectives.
- Assist with the effective roll out of supporting operational processes.
- Help managers identify and address specific learning needs, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Share best practice and resources in training, learning and assessment.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions for key projects.
- Promote a professional image to customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Deliver effective and responsive training sessions in line with business needs to a range of audiences.
- Analyse feedback and engage in continuous improvement of training processes.
- Liaise with DSAE Joint Training development Team (JTDT) on the development of Formal Training Statements (FTS).
- Design, produce and maintain Course Documentation Sets (CDSs) in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Quality Standard (QS).
- Liaise with TAS (L) staff on the production of Assessment Specifications and assessment methods.
- Liaise with the SAAE Training Delivery Department to establish the training media requirements to meet the course objectives and to identify any Residual Training Gaps.
- Maintain configuration control of mandated DSAT training documentation produced by the Training Delivery Department in support of course Training Objectives (TOs).
- Investigate all Course Change Proposals and complete amendment action as necessary.
- Carry out miscellaneous administration functions in support of Course Design and Development including data storage and retrieval, completion of mandatory training, Continuous Personal Development, assisting with Quality Assurance audits, general office administration, responding to requests for information and other extraneous tasking as detailed by OC Training Design & Standards
You must have served a recognised aeronautical engineering apprenticeship or possess a similar national qualification ideally with recent experience in aircraft and / or avionic systems.
Contract Length 5 months
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for