Looking for your next opportunity?
The role of Sub-Contract Manager will involve actively working in a matrix organisation structure as the primary Procurement lead within the Integrated Mission Solutions (IMS) Sector of our Electronic Warfare (EW) business.
The Sub-Contract Manager will demonstrate the ability to manage internal and external relationships and experiences of working cross functionally in a matrix organisation, in order to influence a breadth of business decisions. They will also demonstrate subcontract management by developing robust contracts which address lifecycle factors whilst fostering and maintaining key supplier relationships, delivering on short term demands and long term business objectives.
Working within an Integrated Project Team and developing strategic relationships with key partner companies, the successful candidate will also need to demonstrate successful subcontract management by developing robust contracts which mitigate commercial risk and address lifecycle factors whilst fostering and maintaining supplier relationships.
Why Choose Leonardo?
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Employee discount schemes: In addition to the above flexible benefits, our employees benefit from access to everyday discounts with many high street and online retailers, restaurants and days out.
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: http://www.uk.leonardocompany.com/people-careers/people/company-benefits
Key Responsibility Areas
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of sub-contract work packages and other procurement related services as required by the business
- Develop effective relationships both horizontally and vertically with the IMS Suppliers, Partners and Subcontractors to influence successful achievement and execution of the current and future programmes.
- Translate customer / project requirements into commercial documents, particularly pertaining to the design, development and production of bespoke complex electronic systems and other technical services
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand customer requirements and critical success factors
- Understanding mechanisms of mitigating risk associated with entering into commercial agreements
- Develop and negotiate robust contracts for services, intangible and tangible deliverables using standard and non-standard formats
- Ensure that the appropriate commercial protections are in place such as; effective Partnering Agreements, Supply Agreements, Software Licence Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA's) / Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA's) / Export Licences etc.
- Drive and leads strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, IPR, liability and exchange rate exposure etc.
- Create and maintain robust Procurement Plans and executable strategies in line with Life Cycle Management (LCM) principles
- Lead the generation and review of 'appropriate' specifications and Statement of Work documents
- Promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
- Management of Compliance and Governance, restrictions for all procured items and services
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to develop and nurture internal and external relationships, promote customer intimacy and team working.
- A track record of delivering Sub-Contracted work packages
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience (studying towards or achievement of MCIPS is preferred)
- A good understanding of the Commercial and Legal Aspects associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry or a similar market sector
- An ability to think 'outside of the box' offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional/cross site teams
- Good communication skills - written, oral and presentations.
- Background and experience of managing software sub contracts and complex terms and conditions is preferred
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector) and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- A good understanding of IPR associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector)
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- SAP familiarity (or equivalent integrated business systems)