Senior Strategy and Operational Design consultant
At Atkins we help our clients achieve genuine benefits from their business change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems and take a hands-on role to ensure that solutions are delivered to realise the expected benefits of investments.
We’re not like other management consultancies. We have real-world expertise in developing and delivering strategy and its aligned portfolio of innovative projects across public and private sectors, which means we know how to implement business strategy and business initiatives in practice, not just on paper. We’re there to see progress through from start to finish, whatever challenges arise. Helping our clients respond well to the challenges and opportunities they face is a core skill for our Business Consultants.
We operate across a number of key sectors that align well with our engineering heritage, including Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector.
Our Strategy and Operating Model Design team focuses on finding solutions that help our clients to transform their operations and realise their strategic objectives; making the business case for change, delivering significant improvements in performance and reducing costs. We are people from diverse backgrounds enabling us to bring a unique point of view to our clients – we are passionate about their success and the value we can deliver.
We are seeking experienced senior Management Consultants with experience working with Board level stakeholders in developing their strategic identity and organisational construct. The role will work with organisations on their new business units helping them define their position within a wider enterprise environment, it will look to how organisations can best structure disparate capabilities into more effective, agile and efficient units. The role will be a part of the Strategy & Operating Model Design team.
We want you to help us grow our business by:
- Delivering consulting and advisory services to Board level stakeholders to achieve excellent results for our clients; primarily focused on strategy development and operating model design, but with a firm awareness of the full breadth of business consulting skills
- Building effective mutually beneficial relationships with our clients, understand their needs and translate them into consulting opportunities
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams based at our clients’ premises and our Atkins’ offices across the UK.
- Contributing to the development of thought leadership, consulting propositions for our clients and promotional marketing materials
- Working with bid teams to shape tender responses and produce high quality bid content
- Continually developing own knowledge and understanding of consulting skills and client markets and supporting the development of others.
Successful candidates will be working with our clients from day one. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following capabilities and experience across the following areas:
- Breadth of consultancy experience, working with Board level stakeholders offering strategic advice on operating models and organisation design
- You can build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
- You are able to gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship.
- You maintain a flexible approach to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- You have a degree or equivalent qualifications; however significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- You have experience in specifying tenders and selecting service providers in a commercial environment.
- You have experience in developing strategically aligned operating models for large scale technology businesses
- Able to share best practice from industry
- Background in Cyber Security Consulting to understand the unique challenges and threats to Cyber Security in the UK.
- MBA or similar is desirable.
- Ideally you will have experience in one or more of our key markets (Defence, Aerospace, Security, Energy, Utilities, Highways, Rail and the Public Sector)
- You have a track record of successfully leading stakeholders through business transformations
- You are a supportive team player and can communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people.
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and clients.
- You are proactive and enjoy working with a variety of people, but also comfortable working independently.
You have supported the development and delivery of marketing campaigns or promotional events.
Ideally you have experience of contributing to the sale of management consulting work – including bid development and presentations
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with you through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins recognises the importance of helping its employees manage their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with parental and other caring responsibilities. For full details of our flexible working scheme and benefits package, please refer to our website.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.