IT Service Development - Windows Infra
Subject to contract award Leonardo is expecting an IT project, for a UK Government customer, to start at the end of September 2020.
It will involve taking on some legacy office IT and datacentres, building a new IT infrastructure based on cloud technology, developing a wide range of managed services to create an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment, supported by comprehensive ITIL-based support services. It will also involve migrating some legacy systems to the new IaaS environment. The new IaaS will then be operated by Leonardo until contract expiry or re-compete, 5 years from commencement.
All the work will take place around the M3/M4 corridor between London and Bristol.
How this role fits in
Shortly after the commencement of the programme, a service development team will be responsible for developing the working IaaS solution with its supporting ITIL and other through-life support services, working from a detailed statement of requirement. The team will work in accordance with the Scaled Agile Framework.
The team will work under a Scrum Master and will contain engineers with a range of experience and skills including security, Windows infrastructure, networks, Cloud infrastructure and ITIL centric support.
This role is for the Windows Infrastructure (Wintel) specialist within the team.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the Wintel infrastructure aspects of the services developed take account of all Wintel infrastructure requirements and policies are fully developed. You will also support testing activities.
You will report to the Scrum Master with regard to tasking. You will consult and inform the programme Lead Technical Architect with regard to infrastructure queries.
The engagement is expected to last for 12 months. There are opportunities to transfer into a similar migration role and an ongoing service team role within the programme.
Who would suit this role?
This role would ideally suit a talented and qualified IT Infrastructure engineer with particular experience in the domain of sensitive and operationally critical systems and the definition and development of services and functionality within the Scaled Agile Framework.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Develop a good knowledge of the solution Architecture and the essential programme security policies and guidance.
- Participate in AGILE workshops ('sprints' or 'iterations') to develop the definition and in some cases, working prototypes of service components.
- Undertake integration and sub-system test activities
How will we support you?
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Supportive relocation package: to make your move to London even more attractive
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Employee discount schemes: We offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers
- Career break: Where appropriate, we support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: http://www.uk.leonardocompany.com/people-careers/people/company-benefits
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Nationality and security clearance
The role requires the candidate to be a full UK National with a current DV clearance or at least a current SC clearance.
These factors will need to be proven by UK Security Vetting.
MCSA Windows Server 2016
Demonstrable understanding and experience of
Microsoft Active Directory directory services
Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
Server installation and builds
Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
Workstation builds and deployments including Microsoft WDS and MDT
Practical experience of implementing security policies and system lockdowns including Microsoft Active Directory GPOs, application whitelisting/blacklisting and device/media control
A good working knowledge of at least one Microsoft Back Office product (e.g. Exchange, SQL, SCOM/MOM, ISA/TMG, LYNC, ILM/FIM)
Implementation and management of enterprise class Anti-Virus product
Implementation and management of enterprise class Backup solution
Implementation and management of enterprise class Patching/Update solution including Microsoft SUS/WSUS
Experience in the definition and development of services and functionality within the Scaled Agile Framework.
MCSE Server Infrastructure (qualification)
NIST 800 Series
UK MOD policies: JSPs 440 and 604
IT infrastructure design, build and implementation projects
Cloud service implementation