On-site Transcriptionist - Exeter, UK
- Job Type
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
We are currently looking for in-office Transcribers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and talented to join our team in Exeter for a short-term project.
- Listening to recorded speech in comfortable office environment and transcribing data in line with guidelines provided
- Native English (UK) speakers
- Prior experience in transcription would be highly advantageous
- Good understanding of the terminology used in these industries is highly desirable
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute or above
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and willing to embrace change
- Able to work to speed and meet accuracy expectations
- Able to pass required security clearance
- Able to start ASAP
- Work Hours: 30-40 hours/ week
- Project Duration: 5-7 weeks
- Work Location: Exeter, Devon
- Hourly Rate: £9.00/ hour
Application process: Upon completed registration, candidates need to take the qualification test and pass. We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts has earned us 1st place in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen as the winner of the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.