Employee Relations Specialist
Cardiff, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Human Resources
- Partnering with the UK Employee Relations Leader, the successful candidate will work across all GE Aviation UK sites supporting UK and European employee and union relations initiatives.
- Develop and execute Employee and Union Relations strategies in partnership with the UK ER Leader, Site HRMs and business leaders
- Partner with UK HR team and collaborate across function / department to support site and UK wide employee relations initiatives
- Provide guidance to the UK HR team on managing employment risk through offering expert guidance and support on all ER issues
- Actively support the European Works Counsel and ICER meetings, including co-ordination of logistics, materials and obtaining Senior Leader participation
- Partner with the UK ER Leader in attending and facilitating successful European Works Counsel and ICER meetings and deputising for the UK ER Leader where required Support the UK ER Leader on negotiations linked to wages and help support the ongoing development of a UK strategy ensuring engagement with the site HRMs and business leaders
- Partner effectively to create change management plans and provide support to the Site HRMs on all aspects of business change including restructures / reorganisations, acquisitions, sales, transfers
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership internally with key business and HR stakeholders and provide advice and leadership on employee, union and works council relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our recognised trade unions and employee representatives
- Undertake employee climate assessments across the UK and Europe and manage the ongoing programme across participating sites
- Devise and provide training on all aspects of Employee Relations to the UK HR team and managers
- Partner with Site HRMS and Business leaders to prepare for and deliver Site level union negotiations within a collective bargaining framework (for example, changes to terms governed by collective agreements)
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making in the best interest of maintaining amenable union and employee relations
- Providing advice and counsel on collective bargaining agreements, policies, practices, and procedures with a significant focus on GE's disciplinary and grievance procedures working closely with the legal function
- Ensures case management tracking of ER issues and conducts ongoing analysis of employee relations data to identify trends in order to develop programmes and initiatives that will support strategic efforts to enhance employee relations across the company
- Lead UK and Europe Employee Relations projects as required
- Build internal and external ER networks (with a sector focus) to share knowledge and best practice #LI-SM1
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least proven experience in Human Resources).
- Demonstrated significant experience in an Employee Relations Specialist role in an Industrial environment
- Demonstrated experience working with European and National Works Councils
- Experience of working directly with trade unions and in leading negotiations under collective bargaining frameworks
- Strong legal/employment law knowledge with experience of applying this to resolve day to day and strategic employee relations matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong excel and word skills
- Ability to work across a matrix structure and build effective relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Must possess solid networking and influencing skills
- Established project management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and provide strategic advice
- This role will require a degree of European travel
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.