Senior Engine Technician - On Wing Support
Feltham, London, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The Senior Engine Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance on wing, repair and field services. In this role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
- Takes ownership for and follows through on full scope of work tasks and projects, approaches work with a "can-do" attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
- Working within a Team environment, repairing Aircraft Engines either within the shop environment, at a customer's facility or at an Airport Location
- Being able to work to tight deadlines on Quick Turn Engine repairs which could involve the replacement of Modules, Top Case Repairs Borescope/Boreblending and Service Bulletin implementation
- Have flexibility to travel to job sites with very little notice on AOG support #LI-SM1
- The Candidate will have had a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Will have proven experience from within the Aviation Industry working with Commercial Aviation Engine Repair, and associated processes, including LRU Removal/Installation and Engine Borescope/Boroblend
- Demonstrable experience of providing services within a high quality, highly regulated and customer facing environment Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS.
- Strong communication skills and problem solving ability are a must
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technologyGE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
- Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
- Demonstrated quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
- Experience in repair of large commercial engines