Paint Shop Operator
Prestwick, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Reporting to the on-shift Gate 2 Production Cell Leader in the Component Repair Paint Shop. The ability to use various tools and equipment to perform Paint & Composite Shop operations on aircraft engine components for engine overhaul, assembly, and test. Work unsupervised while maintaining a safe working environment and producing high quality components.
- Semi-skilled operator to perform paint & composite repair operations on engine components.
- Programming & running of paint & composite ovens
- Carry out the application of anti-seize coatings as per manual requirements
- Use of measuring equipment.
- Precise attention to detail and a high level of concentration.
- Good manual dexterity.
- PC work including working with OEM manuals
- Flexible and willing to move within other Gate 2 semi-skilled processes as required by the business requirements.
- Carry out routine maintenance of department equipment.
- Experience of polyurethane/epoxy paints, composite lay-ups & vacuum bagging would be beneficial.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a teamApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency: website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf