Portfolio Delivery Team Member, Dstl, up to £520/day
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory are seeking a Portfolio Delivery Team Member to join them at Dstl Porton Down, Salisbury.
Team: Ministry of Defence|Defence Science and Technology Laboratory|Operations
Initial contracts will run for 120 working days and offer a rate up to £520/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 30/08/2019 at 07:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
Dstl has an outsourced contract with an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) supplier which is managed by the Intelligent Client Capability (ICC). The ICC ensures all ICT services delivered to Dstl are effective, efficient, good value for money and meet Dstl’s strategic direction and security requirements.
This role will provide in-depth specialist/professional contribution across the ICC. You will develop and maintain high levels of delivery and customer engagement whilst ensuring value for money through assurance and scrutiny. The role is intended to provide resilience within the capability for key strategic and operational activities, many of which are time bounded. The Level 6 team member will be expected to deputise for the Level 7 Lead.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with both business colleagues and Dstl’s ICT service provider, gaining a broad understanding of business needs, maintaining strong relationships and influencing senior stakeholders decisions through accurate representation of what can be achieved.
- Proactively monitor supplier capacity and resource issues to optimise delivery
- Deputise as point of contact for supplier escalations and exceptions
- Develop and maintain portfolio plans or project plans ensuring a common understanding across business and supplier communities of the capabilities required meet the IT strategy
- Work with supplier and business communities to provide governance, prioritise deliveries and establish dependencies, assessing and incorporating the impact of changes and ensuring all parties are fully informed.
- Produce and review accurate key documentation to tight deadlines to ensure governance is maintained
- Analyse reports, recognising trends, providing resolutions to issues and undertake business reporting
- Analyse customer requirements ensuring understanding of scope of requests and impacts on other areas. Ensuring requests are in agreement with Dstl policy and strategic direction
- Review and streamline ICC processes including the implementation and communications associated with all processes.
Dstl are looking for someone who has:
- A background in project, programme or portfolio management within an IT environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to tailor their style to suit the audience.
- Good customer service skills, good interpersonal skills and is used to developing and maintaining productive working relationships
- The ability to work with minimal supervision using their own initiative
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of financial considerations.
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders and challenging assumptions.
- Experience of scoping customer requirements, taking into account policy, strategic direction and technical restraints.
- Experience of using a variety of analytical techniques to identify trends, provide reports and inform decisions.
Skills and Experience
- Good standard of education at degree level or equivalent experience - essential
- A qualification in Asset Management - desirable
- ITIL - desirable
- Project management qualification - desirable
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.