Senior Engineering Analyst
Senior Engineering Analyst
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - dependent on experience plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Analyst wanting to develop their career and work within our engineering function. You could be supporting challenging weapons related projects throughout the lifecycle or helping support our wide variety of other projects which underpin and enable the crucial work we do at AWE.
Ideally we are looking for candidates who have experience in the application of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) methods, who can demonstrable experience of either static/transient mechanical/thermal analysis, including implicit and/or explicit methodologies and who have experience of delivering analyses to time and quality requirements.
A key aspect to this role will also be the ability to interact and articulate with customers and other stakeholders on complex analysis subjects in a clear, easy to understand manner and to understand and translate customer requirements into analysis deliverables.
Desirable knowledge and experience includes:
· Experienced in using commercial FEA codes, particularly ANSYS, ABAQUS and LS-DYNA
· Experienced in using commercial pre-processors HyperMesh, ANSYS Workbench, ABAQUS CAE and LS-Pre/Post
· Practical experience of using PLM and CAD systems to prepare/export geometry, experience of using Siemens Teamcenter and NX
· Linux based HPC systems and batch submission systems such as SLURM and MOAB
· Willingness to travel and interact with peers internationally including presenting at specialist conferences
· Experience of multi-physics coupling, thermal/mechanical, blast, shock, aero, SPH, Euler/Lagrange, Modal and Modal Superposition
· Experience of scripting and coding in languages such as Python and C++
To be considered for these roles, you must have an HNC / HND or degree qualification in an Engineering, Aerospace or Physics discipline or have proven experience working in a similar field and possess strong communication skills.
We welcome applications from candidates who would like to discuss flexible/part time working.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.