Data Administration Specialist
We are seeking to put together a team of highly personable and technically astute Data Administration Specialists with experience in information systems. The ideal candidates will be proactive self-starters with strong communication skills combined with hands on user support and training experience within an IT environment and will have previous experience working in a defence environment or have worked recently within a national Ministry of Defence, Armed Forces, NATO or wider Defence sector.
Allied Command Operations (ACO) J1 Division is responsible for all aspects of military and civilian manpower policy and personnel management in ACO. The Division also provides the enabling and supporting Human Resources Data Services (HRDS) systems to the NATO Command Structure and other NATO organisations.
The HRDS Applications Support and Data Administration Specialist role is responsible for delivering the technical services required for the HRDS business services for the maintenance of the HRDS databases, reports, workflows and providing CIS escalation for the HRDS helpdesk.
The successful applicant will:
- Develop and generate database queries and reports in support of NATO-wide HRDS user community.
- Support the data administration of HRDS.
- Support the HRDS Business Support section in the collection of requirements from the user community and the formulation of requirements and specifications in relation to database operations.
- Support HRDS fielding and acceptance tests, focusing on database integrity and replication requirements compliance.
- Provide expert database advice in support of the centralised Helpdesk and on-site assistance to HRDS users.
- Perform database management for the HRDS systems, including back-up procedures and integrity checking.
- Conduct regular audits of HRDS data and accounts to ensure correct usage and conduct.
- Education: University Degree; or Higher Secondary education and completed higher vocational training leading to a formal technical or professional certification, together with post related experience; or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation in database administration with significant business area related experience.
- Experience with application administration of ACO’s current HRDS software suite including APMS, or another similar Allocation Defence Suite implementation; AMIS, or another similar manage ID implementation; NSTEP; and ERT.
- Experience as a SQL programmer/administrator working with MS SQL 2012 R2 or later with SQL 2012 R2 experience as an administrator or developer.
- Experience in relational database management or design.
- Experience using BMC Remedy™ trouble ticketing System or an equivalent centralised system.
- Some Experience using a Business Process (BPM) workflow application.
- Experience using Microsoft’s SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) version 2012 or greater to design reports and extract information from multiple databases on different servers/clusters.
- Experience in the design and support of Microsoft SharePoint 2013 or later sites.
- Experience in a position that required use of NATO’s Manpower Policy and Procedures, MC 216/4 (AAP-16D) or the use of similar International organisation/ governmental organisation Manpower Policy and Procedures.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret security clearance.
- Fluent and confident in both spoken and written English.
- National of one of the 29 NATO member nations.
MCR is a trusted leader in integrated program management and technical solutions. We have long provided solutions at NATO and across the defence community and we have an enviable reputation of delivery. For more information about MCR, LLC career opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
If you think that you have the right skills and experience to fill this role, please hit apply below, or for an informal chat ahead of applying please contact the team directly at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Human Resources None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom