Production Equipment Manager
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The Production equipment manager will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy, and a robust framework for the management of production machinery and equipment to maximise time and productivity. This will include the development of plans for routine, scheduled and emergency maintenance (including disaster recovery) as well as first hand interface and support for all Business Units. The PEM will be responsible for liaison with vendors to agree service contracts and support agreements.
- Generation and maintenance of constraint management plans for key production equipment
- Development of spares strategy for all production equipment
- Arrangement and management of service contracts with key vendors
- Point of contact for emergency equipment breakdown including vendor call out
- Daily reporting of equipment availability in business leadership reviews
- Collaborate with broader manufacturing engineering team on future capabilities and equipment selection
- Generation and maintenance of service contracts with vendors
- Management of preventative maintenance schedule including agreed equipment 'offline' dates
- Generate performance metrics including MTBF and MTTR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or demonstrable equivalent experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership traits including the ability to perform under production line pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across various functions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS.
- Six Sigma training
- Lean manufacturing awareness
- Technical Authoring