Software Developer – Opensource / Dev Ops - London
Position Description: Dev Ops Engineer – Open source
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We are looking to expand our development teams in central London, which build and maintain a number of operational systems for a key client within our Defence and Intelligence portfolio.
The role offers fantastic opportunities to gain experience and technical expertise across a wide range of leading edge and bespoke technologies within an interesting and rewarding environment.
Team members must be creative, pro-active and willing to develop their skills in-line with emerging technologies. We have roles for Junior and Senior Developers and offer the opportunity to develop skills through both formal and informal training and offer excellent career progression opportunities.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for:
• Troubleshooting, investigations and incident resolution.
• You will have the opportunity to get involved in Big Data technologies including Apache Spark and Accumulo.
• Working closely with third parties and the client supporting and enhancing the Platform service offering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You need to have proven experience of:
• Linux / Unix Administration
• Automation / Configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
• A wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services ( AWS is required )
• SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
• Understanding of scripting (Java, Python, Hadoop, Perl and/or Ruby)
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.