Linux Operating Systems Engineer
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Digital Technology
- Coordinating with the Senior Manager for Risk & Compliance, this is a Linux technical role, responsible for supporting Linux OS services. This includes operational and administrative tasks under an ITIL framework to deliver support for Linux. The role will work closely with L1 Service Desk and L3 Linux teams to deliver problem solving with efficiency for Linux environments!
- Operational support of Linux for the environment, including system administration;
- Daily collaboration with L1 and L3 teams to support the Linux environments;
- Daily technical delivery of services to support the Digital team and partners.
- Work under standard methodology Linux modelling, alignment to compliance and standards for all Linux systems and operating models;
- Follow and improve documentation for Linux technical disciplines;
- Support technical and administrative technical standards for Linux services;
- Deliver against defined technical standard methodologies across the Linux operating systems and technologies; provide on site support to local teams with technical Linux operational services;
- Help handle technical attributes for CMDB regional CI information for Linux operating system environments;
- Support backup and restore services Linux systems;
- Support regional CAB for Linux associated changes
- Demonstrate Linux technical depth through relevant Linux certifications; experience supporting enterprise Linux environments
- Hands on experience with Linux Operating Systems, including Linux administration.
- Experience communicating to customers and partners (technical and non-technical) as well as L1, L3 technical teams;
- Experience working across a diverse environment of Digital employees, consultants and vendors.
- ITILv3 certified, experienced of working in ITIL controlled environment.
- ServiceNow experience; L1 or L1.5 Service Desk experience.
- Site-based role in Cheltenham, UK.
- Security Clearance is a requirement for this roleheltenham, UK.
- Security Clearance is a requirement for this role
- Ability to identify, quantify and resolve technical problems quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt own style accordingly
- Able to work independently and as an active part of a team
- Customer focused
- Has an appetite for Continuous Improvement to enhance customer experience