Project Manager, Dstl, up to £450/day
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory are seeking a Project Manager to join them at Dstl Porton Down, Salisbury.
Team: Ministry of Defence|Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
Initial contracts will run for 24 months and offer a rate up to £450/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 28/08/2019 at 07:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
The Role – Hiring Manager Summary
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) finds and funds exploitable innovations to support UK defence and security quickly and effectively, and support UK prosperity. Our vision is for the UK to maintain its strategic advantage over its adversaries through the most innovative defence and security capabilities in the world.
DASA is a young organisation with a very high profile within Government. DASA is operating in a complex fast moving environment in which there are a large number of stakeholders, suppliers and customers. Therefore, DASA staff need to be agile and able to adapt rapidly to match expectations and deliver on the promised outcomes.
This is an exciting role as to support a team of the Programme Manager and DASA Delivery Managers who help Government customers to identify solutions to their priority challenges from within the wider supply base. You will be supported by the other DASA staff, including Outreach, Exploitation and Support Services, in the delivery of these services particularly managing projects that have been assessed as meeting the customers’ innovation needs.
All of our innovation projects are in the form of Dstl contracts to external suppliers which are supported by our technical partners. We also run our operating costs as a project.
- Manage projects to time, cost and quality in accordance with Dstl processes and procedures.
- Undertake engagement with, and management of, defence and security suppliers and stakeholders relevant to your tasks.
- Work with delivery managers on the overall service from definition of the problem space to award of contract, and then ensuring projects are managed to time, cost and quality, including appropriate monitoring and reporting.
- Work with the wider DASA team to support suppliers from industry and academia to delver innovation including supporting exploitation.
- Support the DASA Programme Manager in delivery of both the DASA programme but also DASA projects including the operating cost centre.
- Work with Dstl’s Commercial and Intellectual Property (IP) teams to ensure timely placement of contracts with suppliers and compliance with relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
- Work with technical partners from Dstl and across Government and their wider support teams, beyond the initial point of contracting, to maintain an oversight of progress and identify where DASA can further support.
- Work at pace and to tight deadlines to achieve what is required of this role, whilst maintaining close, trusting relationships with those you work with. You will be a team player who is focused on delivery, and is comfortable operating in a high pressured and demanding environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Practised in project management.
- Experience of working to deadlines across multiple projects.
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external customers / stakeholders.
- Evidence of working effectively within a team.
- Experience of influencing others across organisational boundaries to achieve successful outcomes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to work at pace.
- Ability to be robust and negotiate to achieve successful outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to a range of audiences from internal technical audiences through to senior government stakeholders.
- Knowledge of UK research and innovation ecosystem.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the UK defence and security environment.
- Experience of running science and technology projects.
- Experience of working within the UK research and innovation ecosystem.
- Experience of taking risk (within legal and commercial frameworks).
- Government Commercial experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Salisbury
- Consultancy SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Salisbury
- Defence SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Salisbury
- Information Technology SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Salisbury
- Procurement SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Salisbury