Lead Commercial Operations Manager
Cheltenham, London, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Responsible for providing all aspects of contract management and proposal development for GE Aviation's Digital Groups solutions. Requires pre qualification of opportunities interaction with sales and services leadership customers channel and other cross-functional business teams. Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality commercial proposals through building solution architectures and recommendations and drafting contracts with respect to both commercial & legal terms.
- Primarily responsible for running complete lifecycle and development of deal execution process including timely delivery of high quality solutions and proposals aligned with customer outcomes and business profitability / risk profiles; this may include, but is not limited to - request for proposal reviews, bid planning, risk reviews, solution estimates and pricing, deal analytics / reviews, 3rd party coordination and negotiations, technical architecture, documentation, and analysis of terms and conditions.
- Lead and drive deal team to develop bid requirements related to technical, financial, and commercial inputs to support strategy development and risk management.
- Balance customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations, including complex software sales and service agreements.
- Act as a liaison between Sales Managers, Solution Consultants, Product Managers, and Services to identify common architectures, value pricing and estimation concepts. Participate in Customer negotiations from both functional/technical and commercial perspectives.
- Review Customer Purchase Orders to Ensure Compliance with Approved Price Levels, Terms and Cycle commitments to coordinate Hand off to Project Execution teams.
- Accountable for the development and continuous evolution of contract templates and framework agreements.
- Use Salesforce.com to run proposal workflow and develop pipeline forecasts.
- Lead communications at all organizational levels including leading deal reviews with senior and executive leadership.
- Provide continuous improvement of solutions lifecycle processes and methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial or technical experience.
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Knowledge of / background in software and expertise in Flight Operations, Advanced Analytics, Asset Performance Monitoring, to name a few, in the Aviation industry.
- Prior experience in sales, field services, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution.
- Prior experience with contract drafting - leading both commercial and legal terms within a customer agreement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency of detailed financial models and advanced-level formula driven spreadsheets.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong integrity and demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliance and reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
- Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead and influence cross functionally.