Lead Engineer - Electronic Hardware
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- This role encompasses all engineering disciplines with exposure to various mechanical systems, electrical systems, electronic systems, products, and technologies. Working within the Sustainment Engineering team, the Lead Test Systems Support Engineer provides through-life engineering support for those test systems used in the manufacture, engineering, systems testing, and qualification of aviation products and components.
- The Lead Test Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing tasks, investigating, analyzing, and resolving engineering issues on Test Systems. Working in engineering and production environments, the engineer will be capable of organizing the diagnosis of mechanical, electrical, and electronic issues, driving design changes for improved reliability and performance. The role requires handling of multiple tasks and the ability to respond to changing priorities whilst still delivering against task completion commitments.Key Activities
- Managing root cause analysis
- Obsolescence management
- Administrating supporting documentation
- Scoping, progressing & maintaining long term solutions
- Maintaining project scope, schedules & plans
- Managing the close-out of Corrective Actions (CAs)
- Scoping & managing work for outsource suppliers
- Driving process and material cost reduction initiatives
- Maintaining compliance with mandatory regulations, and company processes
- Driving design improvements
- Chairing formal design reviews
- Managing the transfer of all new Test Equipment into service
- Managing FRACAS activities
- Working closely with and supporting technicians on equipment repairs
- Experienced in common project management tools, MS Project (GANT Charts), AGILE etc.
- Producing business level reports
- Managing CAPITAL procurement of equipment
- Supporting out-of-hours activities when needed
- Qualification to degree level in an electronic/electrical discipline or equivalent qualification, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic hardware designs
- An understanding of real-time software
- Experience of working in a similar role and environment, not limited to aerospace. E.g. Automotive and rail
- Present technical and program reviews
- Lead and manage engineering teams
- Manage tasks working as part of an AGILE team
- Team player, supporting and collaborating with others to achieve business milestones
- Communicate information to seniors, stakeholders, and peers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience of all Microsoft office tools
- Proven experience in an appropriate engineering position Applicationsfrom job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and willbe considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidatesmay not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilledEU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body isunlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.For further information please visit the UK BorderAgency website .BaselinePersonnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintainedfor this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot beobtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employmentmay be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below forfurther details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSSPleasebe aware that some roles working for GE will be subject to both security andexport control restrictions.
- Experience of Lab-windows CVI / Test-stand / Labview test scripting languages programming would be valuable but not mandatory
- Experience of C/C++ programming, experience of developing software which interfaces with Test Equipment hardware would be advantageous but not mandatory Experience in AGILE project management would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Experience of CAD tools for example, AutoCAD and Solidworks would be valuable but not mandatory
- Experience of Microsoft Access, would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Knowledge of European directives and regulations in relationship to engineering and CE marking
- Knowledge of Health and Safety (HSE) regulations and standards concerning equipment and laboratories.