Test Development Engineer
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- We are looking to recruit a Test Development Engineer who will perform hardware design and development of test equipment, component specifying, test equipment commissioning and integration for major power product programmes. Working as part of an integrated team, you will produce test solutions for a wide range of power products from complex electronic assemblies to electro-mechanical power switching systems.
- Execute the Hardware design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Test Equipment projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product program requirements
- Support the liaison with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of appropriate solutions to the standards required
- Generate documentation for the equipment from original requirements through to formal release procedures to enable on-going support of the equipment to take place Commission the equipment and support the verification, validation & integration of the equipment and units-under-test
- Ensuring equipment is taken into service by manufacturing in a timely manner
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate solutions are designed and delivered
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering subject, or qualified to HNC level or above in an electronic/engineering discipline plus significant experience, or other equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience in Test Equipment Hardware design, development, commissioning and integrationApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
- For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role.
- Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
- Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmgpersonnel-security-controls.pdf
- Experience working in Aviation or other high integrity environment
- Ability to support several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of equipment wiring standards, CE regulations and other engineering industry standards
- Experience of fault finding and the interpretation of test results and diagnostics An understanding of programming languages such as C, C++ and LabView to support integration activities working alongside software engineers